Creamy, flavorful and comforting this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Hot Chocolate is your must make fall drink. Easy, minimal ingredients and delicious.
It’s officially Fall and that means all things pumpkin around this joint! If you are a pumpkin fan like me, then you’ll love this Pumpkin Cheesecake, Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pudding Pie and these Pumpkin Donuts!
This time of year in Minnesota it is already crisp and cool, so whipping out our Slow Cooker recipes are a must, and this Pumpkin Hot Chocolate is a must.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
- Minimal ingredients help make this recipe easy with readily available ingredients.
- Everything is mixed in one place, so clean up is a breeze.
- The flavor combination with the addition of white chocolate really makes this drink what it is.
I love hot chocolate and nothing really compares mixing pumpkin and chocolate together. It is one of my guilty pleasures. We make this so often it is not even fun.
The main reason besides the flavor that we make this, is the ease of it all. We originally made this one year for my daughters birthday, and needless to say there was absolutely none left.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN HOT CHOCOLATE, STEP BY STEP:
- In 6 quart slow cooker add your sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, milk, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
- Whisk everything together until blended and smooth.
- Add in your white chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Cook on low for 3 hours or high for 1 1/2 hours, stirring frequently to disperse the melting chocolate.
- Once cooked ladle into mugs and top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
See how simple this Pumpkin Hot Chocolate is? Literally, it’s a set it and forget it recipe that would be perfect for gatherings, late nights or just a cool fall or winter day.
WHAT KIND OF WHITE CHOCOLATE TO USE:
We like to use high quality chocolate chips such as Ghirardelli as they melt better and they stay smooth longer instead of clumping up like we have found with some other chocolate chips.
DO I HAVE TO USE WHITE CHOCOLATE?
No, you do not have to use white chocolate. You can use dark, semi-sweet or milk chocolate for this recipe.
I highly recommend white chocolate for this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Hot Chocolate, simply because the flavor is amazing together, it is what we have always used and will continue to use.
Now we use a whole can of pumpkin puree in this recipe, not to be mistaken with pumpkin pie filling, do not use that.
We also use pumpkin pie spice, it really gives it that delightful pumpkin flavor. If you don’t want to use store bought, you can make a recipe using simple spices such as cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves.
Here is a good recipe for homemade pumpkin pie spice if you ever want to go that route or you can’t find pumpkin pie spice in stores.
CAN YOU MAKE THIS PUMPKIN HOT CHOCOLATE ON THE STOVETOP?
100% yes you can. To do that in a large pot on your stove such as a dutch oven add your sweetened condensed milk, cream, milk, pumpkin puree and your pumpkin pie spice and heat over medium heat until it simmers.
Once simmering add in your white chocolate chips and whisk/stir until they are melted. Ladle into mugs and top with whipped topping and pumpkin pie spice!
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS:
We have found that ladling into mason jars and placing in the refrigerator works wonders. It can be reheated easily and stirred to redistribute the chocolate.
This also makes for a great coffee creamer as noted from some of my readers on social media!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING SLOW COOKER PUMPKIN HOT CHOCOLATE:
- Use higher quality chocolate to ensure even melting and flavor.
- You can make in slow cooker or on stovetop, see post for instructions on stovetop method.
- Once this cools it will separate slightly, you can redistribute the chocolate by heating and stirring.
- White chocolate can be substituted with dark, semi-sweet or milk chocolate if desired.
- If serving throughout the day to guests, keep on warm setting.
If you want that perfect fall drink recipe then you HAVE to whip up a batch of this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Hot Chocolate, it will quickly become a new favorite.
If you like this recipe you might also like:
If you’ve tried this SLOW COOKER PUMPKIN HOT CHOCOLATE or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and what shenanigans I’m getting into!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 cups milk
- 1 12 oz pkg high quality white chocolate chips
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped Cream
- In 6qt slow cooker add your sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, milk, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
- Whisk until everything is comined and smooth.
- Add in your chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Heat on low for 3 hours or high for 1 1/2 hours stirring frequently.
- Pour desired amount in glass and top with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice if desired.
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer