A light and tasty favorite, this Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is a quick and easy recipe that is a crowd favorite and pairs nicely with any meal!
Asparagus is and always has been one of my favorite vegetables of all time. There is a lot of up and down when I talk to people on if they like asparagus and you either are a love or a hater, but we are on the love side in this household, even my kids are huge fans.
But how can you not LOVE asparagus, especially when it’s wrapped in bacon! I mean bacon pretty much makes life better right? I mean it’s solved all my problems. Just instantly puts a smile on my face. And pairing it with asparagus, makes this girls smile turn into a grin!
So like I’ve mentioned in some of my previous posts, grilling season has finally started. While these aren’t technically grilled, they are a good grilling side dish. And again technically speaking, you could grill these if you want to. But this recipe we bake them in the oven.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED?
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
Say what?!?! Look at that little ingredient list! Thats the best!
HOW DO YOU MAKE BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS?
- First we start by trimming off about an inch of the bottom, I do this because usually it’s a fat woody piece that gets a little hard and chewy for our liking.
- Then I lay them on a baking sheet and drizzle with some olive oil and spread them all around to coat and get all covered up. Then comes on a little salt and pepper, I mean obviously. But that’s it, there is no more seasonings beyond that point.
- I take about 3-4 asparagus and wrap them with some bacon. We then place them seam side down on the baking sheet and place them in a 400 degree preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes until bacon is cooked and the asparagus is slightly wilded but still has some crunch to it.
The bacon grease really gives this asparagus so much flavor. I like to sprinkle a little bit of shredded parmesan cheese over the top to give it a little extra something, but it completely not necessary, just an added bonus.
This Bacon Wrapped Asparagus recipe is one heck of a side dish/appetizer. Sometimes I’m not exactly sure what I should consider these. I could eat them before or alongside a meal and I would be happy both ways. Heck give it to me for both and I would be happy.
If you can’t tell food makes me happy in general. But this quick and easy recipe makes me ecstatic. Especially when I find something that my whole family enjoys, and saying that about my kids doesn’t happen very often!
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 bundle asparagus 21-28 asparagus spears
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 7 slices bacon
- Shredded Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Trim about 1" off of your asparagus ends and then spread onto a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Grab about 3-4 spears and wrap with bacon and place seam side down onto baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining asparagus.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until bacon is cooked.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parmesan if desired.
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer
PIN IT FOR LATER!