Grilling season is in full swing and you can’t go wrong with this classic and easy Lemon Pepper Chicken that is baked or grilled and perfect for a crowd!
Since spring has hit us late this year, we are on the tail end of the “grilling” season even know it is absolutely in full bloom at the moment. One month left of school and we’ve already started our weekly bonfires. Life is good. But it’s better when you have this easy Lemon Pepper Chicken!
I’ve never found a chicken recipe that I’ve loved more than this one. It is the perfect hints of pepper, garlic and lemon and you don’t even have to marinate it too long before you either bake or grill your chicken breasts!
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED?
- Olive oil
HOW DO YOU MAKE LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN?
- In a little bowl whisk together some fresh lemon juice, minced garlic, pepper and olive oil.
- Add your chicken to a ziploc bag and pour your marinade over the top and seal, pushing out as much air as you can.
- Place in the refrigerator turning every so often to redistribute the marinade. This is ready to go in 30 minutes but I like to let mine marinate for at least an hour and a half.
- Remove from refrigerator and grill on preheated grill until juices run clear.
HOW DO YOU BAKE CHICKEN BREASTS?
You can also bake these breasts if you don’t have any access to a grill. Place them in a large baking dish and preheat your oven to 400. It should take about 30-35 minutes for the breasts to full cook.
Again a meat thermometer is recommended and an internal temp of 160-165.
This dish pairs well with these Calico Beans! We also had them with some asparagus, but they literally pair well with everything! Side salad, pasta salads, the world is your oyster when it comes to pairing, as this flavor seems to go well with all the things!
So if you’re looking for that perfect grilling recipe I can’t recommend this Lemon Pepper Chicken any more highly! Everyone in our family LOVED it and they can’t stop requesting it. It’s one of those recipes that I could eat night after night and that doesn’t happen often.
If you liked this recipe you’ll also like:
Grilling season is in full swing and you can't go wrong with this classic and easy Lemon Pepper Chicken that is baked or grilled and perfect for a crowd!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts thawed
- Juice of one large lemon
- 1 heaping tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbs cracked black peppercorns
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- In bowl whisk together lemon juice, garlic, pepper and olive oil.
- Add your chicken breasts to a large ziploc bag and pour your marinade over and seal, squeezing out as much air as possible.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- Flipping bag every so often to redistribute marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Place chicken breasts on grill and heat for 5 minutes and flip and grill for an additional 5 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer checking for an internal temp of 165.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle with parsley or cilantro if desired.
PIN IT FOR LATER!