Easy, flavorful and a family favorite this Slow Cooker Gingerbread Hot Chocolate has all the amazing spicy flavors in a sweet and creamy drink!
I do not apologize one bit for this recipe and it’s timing. It is mid September and I couldn’t help but whip out some holiday recipes at this point.
I think I’m getting little to eager for Christmastime, but I honestly thing that gingerbread is a good old Fall recipe. Mix the sweet and spicy flavors into the creamy and sweet hot chocolate and you have your self an absolute comfort!
So we love gingerbread around here. There is something about those flavors that really have always won me over. The soft gingerbread cookies, or the crisp and crunchy gingersnap there is nothing that we don’t like about any and all of them.
This Slow Cooker Gingerbread Hot Chocolate is one of my absolute favorite hot chocolate recipes EVER. The flavors go so well together and are balanced out so perfectly that you won’t be able to just stop at one glass, trust me.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED?
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Heavy Cream
- White chocolate chips
- Ground ginger
- All spice
- Cinnamon sticks
How much easier could you get with that? Those ingredients make simple the best and easiest hot chocolate recipe around.
Since the weather is getting cooler we love to take out and use our slow cooker more often, we pretty much use it all year around but especially in the fall and winter months.
As much as I like to warm up my oven or stovetop with recipes, sometimes you just cannot beat a good old classic slow cooker recipe, amiright?!?
HOW DO YOU MAKE GINGERBREAD HOT CHOCOLATE?
- In a 6qt slow cooker add all your ingredients.
- Give it a good stir and cover and cook on low for about 2.5-3 hours until chocolate chips have melted and everything is heated through.
- Stir again to combine all ingredients then ladle into mugs and top with whipped cream or marshmallows and sprinkle with some cinnamon.
We adore how easy this recipe is, it is putting everything in one pot and stirring it together, you can also make this on the stovetop if you don’t want to wait around for it to be done.
HOW DO MAKE ON THE STOVETOP:
- In large stockpot add all your ingredients.
- Give it a good stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until chocolate is melted and the spices have had time do marry one another.
- Ladle into mugs and top with whipped cream or marshmallow and sprinkle with cinnamon.
This recipe is super versatile and if you are in the mood to really switch up your hot chocolate game for the fall season you might also like to try my ever popular Slow Cooker Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate!
Just like the gingerbread flavor the pumpkin is another fun recipe that is perfect for the season. We cant help but LOVE to switch up our old boring hot chocolate recipes and give them new life.
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Slow Cooker Gingerbread Hot Chocolate
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 cups milk
- 1 12 oz bag high quality white chocolate chips
- 3 Tbs molasses
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- In 6qt crockpot add all your ingredients and stir.
- Place lid on and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Remove lid and stir to combined all ingredients.
- Ladle into mugs and top with whipped cream or marshmallows and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.
PIN IT FOR LATER!
Leave a Reply