When it comes to the perfect, delicious and flavorful yet easy cake recipe this Strawberry Ricotta Cake is high on the list of must make delicious dessert recipes.
Strawberry is one of my favorite flavors to bake with. Now I have to admit that I’m not a huge fan of just strawberries on there own, but when baked into something I’m addicted.
All are super delicious and get amazing reviews so I figured I would make another spring and summer version with strawberry flavor this time. Plus I’m kinda, sorta addicted to cakes.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
- With just the perfect hint of strawberry the cake is not overpowered by the flavor.
- The ricotta and cream I the cake makes it both moist and stable at the same time.
- This cake can come in many flavors, the possibilities are endless.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY RICOTTA CAKE, STEP BY STEP:
- In large bowl add your ricotta, eggs, extract and oil.
- Beat with a hand mixer until combined well.
- Once combined add in your cake mix.
- Beat cake mix until it is just mixed in.
- Slowly add your heavy cream to batter beating as you add.
- Pour into a greased 10″ spring-form pan and bake at 300 degrees F for 1 hour.
How much easier can you get than a one bowl dessert? Plus it’s strawberry, who doesn’t love a good old strawberry cake recipe? I know this girl does.
HOW DO YOU STORE RICOTTA CAKE?
This Strawberry Ricotta Cake can be stored at room temperature for about 1-2 days, any longer than that I would suggest putting it in the refrigerator.
CAN RICOTTA CAKE BE FROZEN?
Absolutely, you can freeze this cake. My recommendations are to make sure the cake is completely cooled before wrapping in tin foil then putting in an airtight container such as a zip-top bag or a Tupperware container
This will keep frozen for about one month. To defrost this cake, just remove and let thaw in the refrigerator over night.
I also recommend that you do not freeze with the icing on this cake itself, wait until it defrost before icing the cake, the icing when it defrosts can become a hot mess.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING STRAWBERRY RICOTTA CAKE:
- We like to use a rimmed springform pan like this one. It prevents any leaking, which the cake usually doesn’t do, but you can always wrap your pan in tinfoil before baking or use just a regular springform pan, which we did with this recipe.
- Don’t worry if the cake sinks slightly after baking, this is the normal process, it will puff up when in the oven and will deflate slightly once cooled.
- Like listed above we have made many different flavors of this Ricotta Cake, switch up your cake mixes to try new flavors.
- If you want a real strong flavor of strawberry, replace 1 tsp of the vanilla extract with 1 tsp of strawberry extract.
- Let cake cool completely before glazing, if the cake is too warm the glaze will melt off.
This Strawberry Ricotta Cake is moist, filling and just utterly delicious. One of our go to cake recipes of all time. It is worth trying at least once!
If you like this recipe you might also like:
If you’ve tried this STRAWBERRY RICOTTA CAKE or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and what shenanigans I’m getting into!
Strawberry Ricotta Cake
- 1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 box strawberry cake mix no pudding added
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Spray a 10" springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl beat together with hand mixer your ricotta, eggs, extracts and oil until combined.
- Add in your cake mix and beat until just incorporated.
- Slowly add in heavy cream mixing until blended in.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 60 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for about 5 minutes then remove edges and cool completely.
- Once cooled make your glaze by mixing your powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk together in bowl.
- Pour over cooled cake, top with strawberries if desired.
- Cut and serve.