Easy and delicious this Strawberry Banana Poke Cake is a flavorful, fun and unique dessert that combines two iconic flavors into one!
So there is no denying that I adore the flavors of banana and strawberry together. I also adore poke cakes, more or less because they are simple, flavorful and filling. This Strawberry Banana Poke Cake takes a traditional cake mix and kicks it up a notch and doctors it up slightly to make it rich, flavorful and delicious.
With this poke cake recipe you add in some delicious banana pudding and some fluffy whipped cream and you have yourself seriously tasty summer dessert that you won’t want to miss out on. This cake is a winner for sure, you will not be mad that you made this!
WHAT IS A POKE CAKE?
For my friends who don’t know what a poke cake is, it lives true to its name. It’s usually a cake baked in a 9″x13″ cake pan that is poked with holes and poured with a liquid like pudding, sweetened condensed milk, jellies, jams, or chocolate to name a few! It is a moist and rich cake that has flavor in each and every bite.
Poke cakes have always been one of our go-to desserts. They are a potluck favorite that go over so well at dinners, parties and holidays. And whats better than having a zillion different recipe flavor combinations that you can enjoy! I mean come on, the possibilities are endless.
Since it is finally summer and strawberry recipes are rampant I needed to share this Strawberry Banana Poke Cake! This recipe has to be high on your list to make. If you are a smoothie lover, this Strawberry Banana Poke Cake recipe literally tastes like that, but in a baked goods form!
These flavors together really put you over the top combination wise! I mean you see the normal poke cakes, but who though about putting two fruits together to create awesome goodness! If you want a dessert that is different but delicious then this poke cake is absolutely what you’ve been looking for!
If you are a poke cake lover than you might also love:
Strawberry Banana Poke Cake
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 small pkgs banana pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 8 oz container whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9"x13" cake pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl beat together cake mix, butter, milk and eggs.
- Pour into prepared cake pan and bake 35-40 minutes until center is set.
- Remove from oven and immediately poke holes in top of cake with handle of wooden spoon, set aside.
- In another large bowl whisk together pudding and milk and pour over cake, spreading to make sure the pudding gets down into holes.
- Spread evenly over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and spread whipped topping over the top of cake.
- Top with sliced strawberries and bananas if desired.
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer