Moist, rich and delicious this Chocolate Ricotta Cake is an easy and flavorful snack cake that combines chocolate, almond and vanilla and completely addicting.
So I’ve been making a bunch of cakes lately, I just haven’t been able to help myself. I’ve been actually trying to take a little break from sweets personally because sometimes I just get overwhelmed with all the the tasty goodness, but it’s so hard.
If you’ve ever seen my Italian Ricotta Cake before and fallen in love then you’ll adore this Chocolate Ricotta Cake. The Italian version of this cake is one of my most popular recipes on my site!
This cake is SUPER easy and requires minimal ingredients. You can easily switch up the flavors of cake mix and icing to find some new unique tastes that you love. Just think about a lemon ricotta cake, how good does that sound!
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED?
- Chocolate cake mix (you favorite flavor)
- Ricotta cheese
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy Cream
With that list of ingredients you cant go wrong! I know some people get confused when you put “cheese” in a cake. The ricotta cheese makes this cake super moist but keeps in light and airy in texture. Trust me, the texture of this cake is something you dream of.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE RICOTTA CAKE:
- Mix together ricotta cheese, oil, eggs and extracts until combined and smooth.
- Add in your chocolate cake mix (you can use any type, milk chocolate, triple chocolate, devils food, etc) and beat until just combined.
- Lastly add in your heavy cream until smooth and then bake it at 325 for 45 minutes to 1 hour until center is set.
- Mix together powdered sugar, almond extract and milk to make the glaze and pour over cooled cake and top with chocolate sprinkles if desired.
This is one of the types of cakes that I have been requested to bring to gatherings more times than now. I was super curious to play around with flavors from the traditional Italian Ricotta Cake that I make and I’m so happy that I did.
The flavors of chocolate and almond together are two of my favorite flavor combinations in the world. I’m slightly addicted to all things almond so I may be a little biased.
The glaze totally makes this cake and I do recommend using the almond extract as stated in the directions as it really enhances and gives this Chocolate Ricotta Cake the best flavor ever.
So if you’re looking for your new favorite chocolate cake then this Chocolate Ricotta Cake is just the cake you need to make and I mean like run to your kitchen now because you wont regret it!
If you like this cake recipe you might also like:
Chocolate Ricotta Cake
- 1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 box chocolate cake any flavor, we used devils food
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3-4 tbs milk
- Chocolate spinkles
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Spray a 10" springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl beat together with hand mixer your ricotta, eggs, extracts and oil until combined.
- Add in your cake mix and beat until just incorporated.
- Slowly add in heavy cream mixing until blended in.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 45-60 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for about 5 minutes then remove springform ring and cool completely.
- Once cooled make your glaze by mixing your powdered sugar, almond extract and milk together in bowl until smooth.
- Pour over cooled cake and sprinkles sprinkles.
- Cut and serve.
PIN IT FOR LATER!