Fresh, creamy and delicious this Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie is a flavorful mixture of strawberries and cheesecake all rolled into one!
So I never used to be a pie lover. Like I never got the point behind the hype of pies. I limited myself to apple and cherry and I didn’t know what I was missing until I started branching out and trying new things that I realized that pies are amazing.
My favorite pie of all time has to be hands down cherry but this Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie is legit one of the funnest flavors that we make!
If you’ve ever had that Strawberry Pretzel Dessert this is pretty much that minus the pretzels and add pie crust. So just imagine addicting, fluffy, jelloish and delicious. I mean that picture right there, how ca you NOT want to try it!
CAN YOU FREEZE THIS PIE?
The answer is yes! This pie will keep in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days wrapped in Saran Wrap or tinfoil but you can also wrap it in tin foil and freeze it as well and it should keep for a few months. You will want to defrost it in the refrigerator for an hour or two before serving.
HOW MANY STRAWBERRIES DO YOU USE IN THIS PIE?
We use a heaping 2 cups of strawberries! You can use more, but you would have to double the ratio of the jello filling to compensate, I think that it could easily be doubled (I have not tried it) but it would just be a mile high pie and who doesn’t want a mile high pie?
HOW DO YOU MAKE STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE PIE?
So this pie is SUPER simple to make and consists of minimal ingredients. You need a baked pie crust that has been cooled. The cream cheese layer is comprised of cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and whipping cream or cool whip.
The strawberry base consists of sliced strawberries, strawberry jello, boiling water and cold water. You place the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of the pie crust and then top it with the strawberry filling and chili. Easy peasy!
My kids really love strawberries and my husband loves strawberry cheesecake so this Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie has quickly become one of their favorite pies of all time! The combination of the two flavors and textures together really go well with one another.
This pie is our favorite to make in the late spring/early summer months because that is when the strawberry farms are open here and we are able to go pick fresh strawberries and who doest LOVE fresh strawberries, we do!
So if you want a fun and tasty pie that will go well with the kids, is the perfect picnic or gathering pie or just because you want to try something a little different this Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie needs to be on your must make list this year!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
- 1 9" pie crust
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 4 oz cream cheese soft
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3 oz pkg strawberry jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 heaping cups sliced strawberries
- Whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Gently roll out your pie crust slightly and place in a deep dish pie plate, prick crust with fork and crimp edges.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes until golden, remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile beat together your cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- In another bowl beat your heavy cream until stiff peaks form, fold into cream cheese mixtures.
- Spread mixture into bottom of pie crust and refrigerate while preparing strawberry layer.
- In medium bowl add your jello then pour boiling water over the top and whisk until jello is dissolved then stir in cold water.
- Place in refrigerator for about 1 hour until slightly thickened then stir in your sliced strawberries and spread over your cream cheese layer in pie crust.
- Return to refrigerator and chill for at least 3 hours to set.
- Top with whipped topping if desired.