This Fajita Hasselback Chicken takes all the favorite flavors of your traditional chicken fajitas and combines them into one delicious, filing and flavorful dish!
We are huge chicken eaters in our family! Like if I had to choose one type of food to eat for the rest of my life it would hands down be anything that pertains to chicken. I love grilled, baked, breaded, you name it this girl isn’t the slightest bit picky when it comes to that.
This Fajita Hasselback Chicken is literally mouthwateringly addicting. It is one of our fun go-to meals and they feed a crowd! They are super easy to whip up, and they even come with a delicious taco/fajita marinade that makes the chicken 10x more flavorful.
This Hasselback Chicken recipe is a baked version. You can make these on the grill, but we prefer to bake this chicken because with having it stuffed with peppers and you not being able to flip the chicken to get even cooking and risking burning on one side just makes me like to put these things the oven.
WHAT DOES HASSELBACK MEAN IN COOKING?
So hasselback refers to the way that the thing your cooking whether it be chicken, potatoes or something else is cut. With hasselback the food is sliced almost all the way through making it sort of fan out and then you stuff those slits with whatever you want! There are so many different options.
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK CHICKEN IN THE OVEN?
We usually cook about 4 breasts at a time at 350 and it takes about 25-30 minutes. You want your chicken to reach an internal temperature of 160-160.
WHAT CAN YOU STUFF HASSELBACK CHICKEN WITH?
There are so many different recipes for hasselback chicken that it is one of those recipes that you pretty much can just let your imagination take over. I really like to stuff it with cheese or veggies or a mixture of the two. This Fajita version is stuffed with red, orange and green peppers and is topped off with some cheese.
This recipe is perfect for an easy weeknight meal, taco Tuesday or just because you really are graving some Mexican flavor. I don’t lie when it comes to saying that this really is one of our families favorite recipes of all time.
It goes well with a side salad, some fried potatoes, Mexican rice, some beans, etc. Like right now I’m craving macaroni and cheese and although that wouldn’t be the normal side dish for this Fajita Hasselback Chicken I would so totally pair it with it because thats just what I do! There is no wrong answer.
So if you want something, fun, flavorful and different this is your meal for sure! Everyone will love it, its pretty and just utterly addicting.
Fajita Hasselback Chicken
- 4 chicken breast
- 1/2 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbs taco seasoning
- 1/2-1 red green and orange peppers
- 1-1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Lime juice
- In a small bowl whisk all of you marinade ingredients together.
- Slice your chicken 3/4 the way through about 3/4-1" apart.
- Place chicken breasts in a gallon sized ziploc back and pour marinade over chicken and toss to coat.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Meanwhile while chicken is marinating slice all your peppers into thin strips.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and stuff each slit with one red, green and orange pepper.
- Place chicken on baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until internal temperature reaches 160-165.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of each breast and bake for about 5 minutes longer until melted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with some fresh ground pepper and drizzle with some lime juice if desired.