Fix it and forget it is the way to go with this Slow Cooker Ham and Bacon Split Pea soup! Warm, cozy and delicious for those chilly days.
So since fall is right around the horizon and soup is something that I feel is a staple any time of the year I figured today I would share one of my absolute favorite soups in the world with you guys, Split Pea Soup!
This Slow Cooker Ham and Bacon Split Pea Soup version is creamy, flavorful and filling. I find this soup to be one of the most filling soups I make. It really does warm you to the soul which puts it right up there as being one of my favorite foods.
If you love one pan meals, then you’ll adore this dump and go one. That’s why I love slow cooker recipes, you can dump everything in one place and then set a timer and once it’s done you have an amazing meal without the hassle. Score.
So let’s break this hearty thing down shall we?
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED?
- Split peas
- Ham steak
- Chicken broth
- Garlic powder
If you’re like me, you can attest that everything is better with bacon!! I mean come on, it’s like candy to meat eaters!
This split pea soup with ham is seriously my favorite thing ever. But adding the bacon to the recipe just pushes it over the top just that much more.
This crockpot split pea soup is one of my favorite recipes because I love that I can fix it and forget it and it’s just all ready for me after a long day of work!
One thing that I do hate at times is when you have to actually work to make dinner. Sometimes I just want something that is all ready for me and I don’t need to expend any more energy for the day, do you feel me?
Split pea and ham soup is the answer to all those life problems, especially in these cooler months!
HOW DO YOU MAKE SPLIT PEA SOUP?
- In a 6qt slow cooker add all of your ingredients besides bacon and parsley.
- Turn slow cooker on low for 8 hours
- Once finished stir in your cooked bacon and parsley and serve.
- Top with some extra bacon crumbles if desired.
If you like something warm and comforting these cold winter months than this Split Pea Soup recipe is just what you need!
Warm, easy, filling and perfect for the whole family. One of the recipes that is a staple in our house and that the kids actually enjoy.
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Slow Cooker Ham and Bacon Split Pea Soup
- 3 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 5 stalks celery chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 16 oz bag split peas
- 1 16 oz ham steak, trimmed and diced into bite sized pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 6 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- In slow cooker combine your carrots, celery, onions, split peas, broth, water, ham, garlic powder and thyme.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Remove lid and stir.
- Add in your bacon and parsley and mix to combine.