Full of veggies, meatballs and pasta this Italian Wedding Soup is a comforting, delicious dinner that is perfect for any night of the week!
So I broke down and tried a home delivery service for food. Being a food blogger, I get so busy during the day cooking and baking and usually what I make get’s eaten for lunch, so by the time dinner rolls around I get kinda lost on what I’m going to make, can you believe it?
So the service I used was Hello Fresh and I really enjoyed their meals!! One of the ones that we made through them was Italian Wedding Soup and I absolutely fell in love. So I knew that it was going to be one of those recipes that I was going to keep on the rotation for good!
Obviously I had to switch up the recipe a little bit, but the base of this recipe is pretty much the same for any of the millions of Italian Wedding Soup recipes around. Now their recipe calls for Israeli couscous and unfortunately we don’t have that around here, so I was able to substitute acini de pepe pasta!
That’s what I love about recipes, the ability to be able to substitute out ingredients without sacrificing flavor, which happens more often than you think! You could also easily sub out the kale in this recipe for spinach if you’d prefer. I know some soup brands that sell this soup and they use spinach instead of the kale.
This Italian Wedding Soup is such a hearty and filling soup. It is literally filled to the brim with veggies! Carrots, onions, kale. What sets this soup apart from the rest is the perfectly tender pork meatballs that cook right in the broth!
This soup has pretty much everything I look for in a meal! I mean it has pasta, meat, veggies and liquid. Yeah I know that’s a pretty much generic description but seriously, when it comes to soup, it’s what this gal is absolutely looking for!
This Italian Wedding Soup also whips up in under 30 minutes! Now how can anything get better than that. We love quick meals around this house, because with 4 kids…you need to get dinner on the table fast otherwise those kids turn into ravishing animals, and let’s face it, that isn’t pretty!
So if you’re looking for a delicious, filling, savory and comforting meal for dinnertime this Italian Wedding Soup is what you’re absolutely looking for!
Italian Wedding Soup
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbs panko bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic minced and divided
- 1 Tbs Italian seasonig divided
- 1 large carrot cut in half and sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup acini de pepe pasta
- 2 cups kale chopped
- Parmesan cheese shredded
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- In food processor add your ground pork and pulse until it becomes gummy or sticky, remove to bowl.
- Add your ricotta, panko, a sprinkle of salt, 1 clove garlic and 1/2 Tbs Italian seasoning and mix.
- Form into meatballs and place on a plate and set aside.
- In large pot heat a drizzle of olive oil on medium-high heat and add your onion, carrots, 1 clove garlic, 1/2 Tbs Italian seasoning, and a little salt and pepper and stir around until veggies become tender.
- Add your chicken broth, bring to boil and reduce to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add your pasta and then gently drop in your meatballs and return to a simmer until the outside of meatballs are no longer pink.
- Stir in your kale and cook until it wilts, about 5 more minutes.
- Season with extra salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese.