Peanut butter and banana go hand in hand with these easy and flavorful Peanut Butter Banana Bars! Quick, kid-friendly and addicting.
Who doesn’t love a good old-fashioned bar recipe? I know that if I had choice I would devour bars all day long. I love that they are handheld, no fork required and just a simple dessert that travels well.
When it comes to these Banana Bars we cannot get enough. These are super kid-friendly and are seriously so easy and quick to whip up that you can’t not make them.
I love the flavor of banana and peanut butter together so for this banana bar recipe I had to add a little bit of peanut butter just to push them over the top.
Not to mention adding some mini chocolate chips to the top to really finish them off, I think that is what my kids loved most about this recipe.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER BANANA BARS?
- Bananas, mashed
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Chocolate chips
These ingredients are some that you probably already have on hand, and those are always the best recipes is when you already have it and are looking to just whip up something quick when that sweet tooth is calling.
Now we usually always have bananas in the house and I get sick and tired of making banana bread or muffins all the timed want to switch it up.
Cake is always an option but then you’ll need to add some frosting which will be an extra step which when you are really just craving something simple that has just the right sweetness doesn’t always cut it.
So we usually resort to making this easy banana bar recipe more often than not, just for that simple fact and no other. Trust me banana is one of my absolute favorite flavors on this earth for desserts!
HOW DO YOU MAKE PEANUT BUTTER BANANA BARS?
When I say this recipe is SIMPLE I seriously and honestly, truly, wholeheartedly mean that!
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9″x13″ pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In bowl whisk together bananas, brown sugar, sugar, peanut butter, onion and vanilla until combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and press into prepared pan, this batter is thicker so you can use a spoon or your hands to press.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and bake in oven for about 20-25 minutes until golden.
One thing that I really like to use in this recipe is a bar pan, if you don’t know what a bar pan is it’s simply a 9″x13″ pan that has a much shorter side so it makes the bars easier to get out. We swear by our bar pans for these types of recipes.
Anyways, this peanut butter banana bar recipe is the one to have on your in a pinch gotta cook now menu, or pretty much just your menu in general.
It is the perfect recipe for potlucks, after school snacks, late night treats or just because, there really is no excuse to have to make these bars!
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Peanut Butter Banana Bars
- 2 large bananas mashed
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9"x13" pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together your bananas, brown sugar, sugar, peanut butter, oil and vanilla until combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and stir until just blended.
- Press into prepared baking pan and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Remove from heat and cut into bars and serve.
PIN IT FOR LATER!