Warm, gooey and full of banana bread flavor this Banana Bread Pudding is a fun and easy breakfast or dessert treat that is hard to resist!
So I have an addiction with all things banana flavored. Like literally if it says that it has banana in it, I’m totally down to eat it. Not even going to lie. Like out of all the dessert flavors, banana is my absolute favorite.
Have you ever tried bread pudding before? Now I used to be so scared of bread pudding. Like I mean who would want to eat milk soaked soggy bread.Those used to be my thoughts EXACTLY. Until I tried it. My motto is try everything once, and twice if you like it.
So we had the pleasure of going to Las Vegas maybe about 4 years ago and we decided that we wanted to try one of the hotel buffets. So we went to the Aria. Let me tell you, that buffet was pretty amazing, I’m sure like almost all the buffets in Vegas.
So I was winding down, and if you know anything about me, I cant not leave without getting some dessert. So they had this simple norma bread pudding and I was like, you know what, I’m going to give this stuff a try. Thank heavens that I did, from that first bite, I was hooked.
HOW DO YOU MAKE BREAD PUDDING?
Bread pudding is really a simple recipe. You only need a few ingredients to make a simple bread pudding such as milk, cream, eggs, sugar and some spices.
- You cut your bread, usually a day old loaf of something such as French bread which is what we like to use but have also used challah.
- Then you whisk together the milk/cream, eggs and spices and pour it over the bread and let it soak for about 20 minutes.
- There are some recipes where you have the bread soak overnight, but I don’t have that much patience so I never make those kids of recipes usually and just try to soak my bread long enough to let the milk and egg absorb so it adheres together when baked.
- You then pour everything into a baking dish and bake it at 350 degrees for about 1 hour until its just jiggly. You don’t want it to be super lose or anything in the middle, you want those eggs to bake and make everything nice and stuck together.
WHAT KIND OF BREAD IS USED FOR BREAD PUDDING?
Like slightly stated above we use loaves of French bread. Other breads that work include:
- Cinnamon rolls
- Artisan bread
- Country breadPretty much any bread will essentially work for a bread pudding recipe.
IS BREAD PUDDING SUPPOSED TO BE SERVED WARM OR COLD?
This is the beauty of this recipe, it can be served either way. I like to have my bread pudding served warm, usually because I make a warm sauce that drizzles over the top. But cold is also good and a lot of people choose to eat it that way. It is more or less personal preference.
This Banana Bread Pudding has all the flavors of your favorite banana bread but baked up in a 9″x13″ dish and drizzled with a easy and flavorful caramel sauce that is TO DIE FOR. I use this same caramel sauce t drizzle over my Banana Mug Cake, and let me tell you that Banana Mug Cake gets rave reviews.
We also added some walnuts to this Banana Bread Pudding recipe because I love nuts in my regular banana bread so serving this dish with a little crunch to every bite seemed like the easy and delicious choice, you know what I mean?!
So, if you’re looking for a fun, flavorful breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack this Banana Bread Pudding is exactly what you’ve been looking for! Easy, tasty and on your table in an hour and it’s perfect for crowds or brunch!
If you liked this banana recipe you might also like:
Banana Bread Pudding
- 1 16 oz loaf French bread cut int 1-2" cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 1/4 cup chopped walnuts divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Splash of milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place your cubed bread in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another large bowl whisk together eggs, cream, milk, sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt until combined.
- Stir in your bananas and 1 cup chopped walnuts.
- Pour over your diced bread cubes and stir to coat and let sit for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile spray a 9"x13" baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Once bread is soaked spread into baking dish, sprinkle with remaining walnuts and bake in over for about 1 hour or until center is no longer jiggly and bread is slightly toasted on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- To make your sauce, in microwave safe bowl add your brown sugar, butter, vanilla and milk and microwave until it starts to bubble (or heat on stove until bubbly). Stiring every 30 seconds.
- Pour over bread pudding, slice and serve.
PIN IT FOR LATER!