Easy, no fuss and tasty this Instant Pot Chili is the perfect weeknight dinner that is a set it and forget it and comes out perfect every time.
We are huge lovers of chili around this house. Like we have chili all year round, it’s not just a fall and winter type meal for us.
I really don’t know who ever coined “seasonally” appropriate food because this is one that we absolutely love whether it’s hot or cold outside. Granted we are in Minnesota and the majority of our time spend here is cold, but that is beside the point.
Chili in the instant pot is a fun recipe where you don’t have to heat up the stove or anything. You just pretty much dump and go and you have yourself a meal ready in about 30 minutes.
WHAT IS IN THIS INSTANT POT CHILI?
- Ground beef
- Kidney beans
- Pork and beans
- Petitie diced tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Brown sugar
One of the best ingredients that I’ve ever put in my chili has got to be hands down brown sugar. This is actually my Sweet Heat Chili that we adapted to fit the instant pot cooking method.
INSTANT POT VS. SLOW COOKER
So I wholeheartedly believe that everyone should own an instant pot. That’s no joke. Some people thing that it’s just another kitchen gadget, which it is but there are so many benefits regarding the instant pot versus the slow cooker.
- The slow cooker is meant to bring your food up to temperature slowly, hence the name and rarely does it get to temperatures the create boiling needed for certain foods.
- The slow cooker usually only has two settings, low and high whereas the instant pot has multiple settings for multiple different dishes.
- The instant pot lets you pretty much do all the cooking in one device, you can saute your meats or veggies before adding the remainder of the ingredients to pressure cook for a meal, eliminating one more pan and time on the stove.
- Instant pot cooks under a sealed and insulated setting. No smells are emitted, no steam (until you release pressure valve) and cooks everything evenly under the pressure in the device.
Therefore, I’m not saying to abandon your slow cooker at all, we love ours and we love the option of cooking low and slow so we can start dinner earlier on in the day and it’s ready by dinnertime.
But the instant pot we love because it cooks the slow cooked meals so so so much faster when we are on a time crunch and want it like NOW.
This Instant Pot Chili recipe is just perfect for those cool winter nights or hot summer days (yes I said it, live with it!). You can switch up the ingredients for your favorite chili recipe and you are good to go.
In 30ish mintutes you’ll have a hot, home cooked meal right to your table and I don’t think anyone will be complaining about that.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHILI IN THE INSTANT POT?
- Starting on the saute setting add your ground beef, onions and garlic and cook until beef is no longer pink and onions are translucent.
- Add in your remaining ingredients and close lid and seal, choose manual setting and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once timer has gone off, do a quick release to let the pressure out, remove lid and serve.
How much more simple can you get with that. This is the perfect recipe and one that you need for a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
If you liked this recipe you might also like:
- Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
- Instant Pot Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
Instant Pot Chili
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 1 15 oz can pork and beans
- 1 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2-3 Tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne peppers
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In instant pot on saute setting add your ground beef, onion and garlic and cook until beef is no longer pink and onions are cooked through.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Add lid and seal valve.
- Cook on manual pressure for 15 minutes, once timer goes off do a quick release.
- Remove lid, stir and serve.
PIN IT FOR LATER!