A great grab-and-go breakfast these Chewy Banana Nut Granola Bars are a quick and delicious treat that take one of your favorite breads and makes them into something amazing.
Happy Friday my lovelies!! Are you ready for the big game this weekend? Got all your appetizers picked out and game faces on? We are planning on having some friends over and obviously eating massive amounts of delicious food.
Appetizers are hands down my favorite type of food to devour. So I’m making a meal based on all finger foods. But since I have a glutinous weekend ahead of me I wanted to close out this week with a semi healthy recipe for Chewy Banana Nut Granola Bars!
So we went to Vegas about a year ago and I ran into Walgreens to grab a quick snack so I could continue on with our endless walking. I have been in search of that snack ever since.
It was dumb of me not to remember what it was! I have had cravings ever since. So finally I decided to just make something similar myself.
What I DID know about the bar was that it was banana flavor and it was a type of granola bar. Since banana is like one of my all time fave fruits to bake with I had no problem there.
This Chewy Banana Nut Granola Bar recipe is like banana bread in bar form. Seriously delicious and addicting. I can’t keep my hands off these puppies. Whiping up in mere minutes with a little cooling time makes this recipe easy peasy!
Chewy Banana Nut Granola Bars
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter chopped small
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Line a 8x8" pan with tin foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place your oats on a cookie sheet and toast in oven for about 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Transfer to bowl.
- Meanwhile in small saucepan combine your honey, butter, brown sugar, vanilla and bananas.
- Heat over medium heat until the butter is completely melted and sugar dissolves.
- Pour over your oats and stir to combine.
- Fold in your chopped walnuts.
- Press into prepared pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!