Mexican flavors are stuffed inside these Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos, making them the best side, snack or main dish around!
So the garage sale is finally over. I’m not sure if I want to do that experience again. All I can say is that I’m completely exhausted. I don’t know how people could have one that lasted days and not just one. They must have more motivation that I do. I mean I was very motivated to sell things, now I’m just motivated to get rid of what was left over. Like I said before, clutter and I do not mix.
Today turned out to be actually better than what I anticipated. We didn’t make bank, but what do you expect coming from a small town and having multiple other garage sales happening at the same time with like items? I can say that I am happy with what we ended up making and it was a nice experience!
Can you believe that I actually made time to make supper in the midst of this all? Luckily these are pretty easy peasy and not too hard to screw up unless you burn them! Have you all seen that clip on YouTube or Pinterest or wherever its floating around about how people are doing the “easy” shredding of the chicken and using their stand mixers or hand mixer. Ya, I tried my hand at it. At first I thought my mixer was gonna fly away from me but in the end it actually turned out quite well and will probably use that method in the future!
These things are creamy and flavorful and have just the right amount of kick. This has been my go to recipe for a few years when the taquito craving calls!
Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos
- 3 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 9-10 smaller tortillas
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In medium-sized bowl, mix together the chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and cheese.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread onto tortillas and roll up, set aside.
- In skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Place about 4 taquitos into skillet, let fry for about 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Roll the taquitos to other side and repeat.
- Repeat with remaining taquitos until all golden.
- Service with desired dipping sauces and enjoy!