Creamy and cheesy this Mexican Sour Cream Rice is the perfect side dish to any of your Mexican feasts. Quick, easy and delicious!
Happy hump day friends! I hope your week is going nicely. I have a nice cranky almost 2-year-old today who didn’t sleep so my day is lovely. Oh the joys of motherhood I tell ya, one day at a time! This is my favorite age, but yet also my least favorite age. They are learning so much and showing us that but at the same time they are gaining their independence and with that comes tantrums. My daughters new word is “no.” She absolutely loves saying it, although it is absolutely adorable, she uses it to reply to anything my husband or I ask her. It gets quite frustrating at times because we don’t really know if she means it, or if she just chooses to say it.
I had totally forgot that I had made this rice a while back. This stuff is my absolute favorite rice ever! I’m so angry in myself with this picture though, it is absolutely horrible. I cannot wait until I save up enough funds to get a big girl camera, that will make life so much easier when it comes to my blogging. As of now, I will be happy that I am able to actually just take pictures!
We usually make this as a side to one of our Mexican meals, but this I could eat as a meal all by itself! Yum, this is going to have to be made in this house here again soon. Rice is something I keep stocked in our pantry and rarely every run out of. We are a big rice family, mainly my husband. He adores when I make fried rice (another post another time). So if you’re needing something for next weeks Taco Tuesday here ya have it folks! Add this along side with your tacos, enchiladas, etc and you will have an amazing meal!
Mexican Sour Cream Rice
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 (14 ocan chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ocan diced green chiles
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided
- 1 (14.25 ocan corn drained
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a large pot, bring the rice and chicken broth to a boil.
- Once rice begins to boil, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until all broth is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray set aside.
- Remove rice from heat and stir in sour cream, green chiles, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, corn, and cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Mix well. Pour rice mixture into prepared dish, and top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and it is slightly golden. Serve and enjoy!