Moist, delicious and absolutely addicting these Slow Cooker Street Tacos are our go to meal for taco Tuesday!
So I have a thing with street tacos, well any tacos really, like we love them around here. They are a meal my kids actually repeatedly ask me to make over and over and over again. But you know how boring the traditional ground beef, lettuce and cheese can get, so we like to switch it up in this household.
We absolutely adore our Fish Tacos, but sometimes fish can be just boring all the time. So with Cinco de Mayo coming up in just a few days, I figured what better time than any to share with you guys my absolute favorite Slow Cooker Street Tacos recipe!
So I have to admit, we only really have 1 good authentic Mexican joint around where I live. So Taco Johns and Taco Bell are pretty much the taco joints we go to if we don’t feel like cooking at home. I had the street tacos from TJ’s and I absolutely fell in love. But I don’t like paying the price so I started making this street taco recipe tat home.
You never really realize how easy to recreate some of your favorite meals is, and how much they taste so much better than when you actually try to make the from scratch. We utilize our slow cooker A LOT, like that puppy is probably on its last leg.
But it’s had a good life and made some amazing meals, especially this easy Street Taco Recipe. Now our grocer sells “carne asada” meat in packs, but if yours doesn’t sell that you can use flank steak for these bad boys. I’m telling you, the flavor so good and seriously so juicy!
We whipped up a garlic lime sauce to drizzle on top of these and added some pico de gallo and crumbling cheese and that was it. No elaborate toppings needed, but you could always add to your preference for sure. The sauce really makes these and ties them all together.
So if you’re looking for your new favorite taco recipe and you are short on time and just want be able to fix it and forget it so to speak then these Slow Cooker Street Tacos are just what is calling your name!
- 2 lbs carne asada meat or flank steak (however your grocer labels it)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro , chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Small fajita or street taco tortillas
- Pico de gallo
- Queso fresco
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
- Place your steak in bottom of crock pot.
- In bowl mi together your olive oil, orange juice, worcestershire sauce, cilantro, garlic, honey, chili powder and cumin and stir until blended.
- Pour over your meat and stir around slightly to distribute.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or until tender and meat shreds easily.
- To make sauce combine all ingredients in small bowl and whisk to combine.
- To assemble tacos, place meat on bottom of your tortilla and top with the garlic lime sauce, pico de gallo, cheese and cilantro.