Want an easy and flavorful dinner with quick clean up? These Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas are a perfect dish to feed a crowd and satisfy that Mexican craving!
So we love Mexican food around here. My kids constantly request tacos all the time! There is only so many taco recipes I can make until I get sick of them. Usually they love just the normal ground beef tacos, whereas I need to switch it up time to time.
So when we can put a spin on our Mexican food nights we do, and now that I adore making all these sheet pan meals, I’ve been making all the things that I can think of.
I mean who doesn’t love quick clean up? Thats the perfect part about sheet pan meals is that they are all baked on one dish and it all comes together in the end. These Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas are one of our absolute favorite dishes to make.
We love to mix a variety of color into these fajitas, we use red onion, green pepper, yellow pepper, orange pepper and red pepper to give it a nice contrast. We also love to marinate our veggies and meat before hand so that it really lets the flavors soak up into everything.
WHAT IS THE BEST STEAK FOR FAJITAS?
Traditionally fajitas are made with skirt or flank steak. Now we cannot always find these around us so we also have used thin cut top round steak. It’s already the perfect thickness and is sold in our stores as “fajita meat” most of the time. You can switch it us as much as you want, but a leaner cut is best.
WHAT DO YOU MARINADE THE FAJITAS IN?
So we use a simple marinade of:
- olive oil
- worcestershire sauce
- lime juice
- chili powder
- salt & pepper
We mix that all up and place our steak and veggies in a gallon ziploc bag and pour the marinade over and seal and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
HOW DO YOU SERVE STEAK FAJITAS?
This is personal preference. We usually top ours with some cheese, sour cream and guacamole. I also love to add a touch of pico de Gallo for a little extra kick. I also love to make these into rice bowls and serve over the rice instead of on tortilla shells.
You can serve these steak fajitas any way that you like. This recipe is for the basis of the meat, marinade and veggies. You could use this on pizza, sandwiches, rice bowls, etc. The possibilities are limitless at this point.
When it comes to steak fajita recipes this is the one that you need! It is easy, flavorful and has a simple clean up. The kids love it, the adults love it and it makes a huge batch! No one will go hungry with this recipe!
If you liked this fajita recipe you might also like:
Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
- 1 1/2 - 2 lb steak skirt, flank or top round, sliced into thin strips
- 1 red pepper sliced into strips
- 1 green pepper sliced into strips
- 1 orange pepper sliced into strips
- 1 yellow pepper sliced into strips
- 1 red onion sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 2 limes about 1/3 cup
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbs cumin
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs sugar
- Add your steak, peppers and onions into gallon ziploc bag.
- In a bowl whisk together all your marinade ingredients and pour over steak and veggies, seal and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 375.
- Remove your meat and veggies from refrigerator and spread out on a large sheet pan.
- Bake in oven for about 20-25 minutes until steak is cooked through.
- Drain off liquid from pan then sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with tortillas, rice, etc.