A warm gingerbread donut dipped in maple glaze and topped with candied bacon makes the perfect breakfast that everyone will enjoy!
We all need a little bacon in our lives. Ok, a lot of bacon in my case. You know how people usually keep soups stocked as a necessary staple in their kitchens? Well I keep bacon. Bacon goes well with pretty much everything, and yes especially sweets as I have shown you here with these Gingerbread Maple Bacon Donuts!
Some may say it’s too early to be busting out the gingerbread flavors but I say that it is something that this gal could enjoy all year long. Why do they even have Holiday flavors? I think pumpkin, gingerbread, peppermint should be acceptable all year round. But I can accept that they are not, but you better know that if you come to my house, you will be served something far from conventional!
Who doesn’t love donuts! I’ve been in a donut making kick since by husband bought me my donut pan! You may remember these Apple Coffee Cake Donuts I made a few weeks back. Well today I’m taking a whole new turn on flavor with these donuts! You have a gingerbread donut, dipped in maple glaze then topped with candied bacon….sign me up for a case….no a whole store of these bad boys!!
Perfect for breakfast lunch and dinner these Gingerbread Maple Bacon Donuts are a one stop shop for all your sweet and savory needs. Tell me what are some of your favorite flavors of donuts?
Gingerbread Maple Bacon Donuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbs molasses
- 1/3 C milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbs butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3-4 slices bacon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbs heavy cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- To make candied bacon dump brown sugar on plate and dredge each slices of bacon in sugar
- Place on rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping bacon half way through.
- Once done, remove from baking sheet onto wired rack to cool and harden.
- Once cool cut or break into piece .
- Spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together your egg, molasses, milk, vanilla and butter until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Put your donut batter into piping bag or zip lock bag with end cut off and pip into wells of donut pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until golden and toothpick comes out clean.
- Turn out onto cooling wrack to cool.
- In bowl combine all your glaze ingredients until combined.
- Once donuts are cool, dip tops in glaze and immediately sprinkle with bacon.
- If you are really feeling fiesty, before adding bacon dip tops in glaze again to get a thicker version, then top with bacon.
You had me at Gingerbread and I was definitely on board when I got to bacon. These sound delightful and my kids are going to go crazy. I’ve pinned to make over the holiday break. Thanks so much for linking them up to the Weekend Potluck last week. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!