You’ll enjoy the freshness of this easy Saucy Sausage and Pepper Pasta! It comes together in under 30 minutes and feeds a crowd!
So my resolution in this new year is to bring some more savory dishes to Tornadough Alli! There is a reason behind this, but I’m not going to tell you guys just yet, but SOON! I promise! We love a hearty meal just like the next guy and pasta has always been one of our favorites ever!
My husband could literally live off of pasta if here were to choose to do so. But I guess I’m in the same boat as him, pasta = life to me and I am absolutely not ashamed of this one bit! Now if you are feeling like you want to be a little more healthy this year, then you could absolutely switch the fettuccine out for some noodles or a whole wheat version, but right now we are still sticking to the carbs in this house.
This pasta really comes together super fast! You can either use fresh peppers and onions or you can use frozen, there really is no way that you could go wrong with either. For this Saucy Sausage and Pepper Pasta we used 3 Cheese Italian Chicken Sausage! You guys…I adore this sausage, we use Johnsonville brand if you have that in stores near you, if not then you can pretty much use any brand of chicken sausage that you’d like.
My kids are becoming more keen to trying new things, I think something about the cooler weather has made them think a little longer and harder about hearty meals, but this Saucy Sausage and Pepper Pasta is one that they absolutely adore, and this mama ain’t complaining! We have made so many sausage and pepper pastas and this by far has been one that we keep coming back to.
We are so busy year round that we like to keep a good list of fast and easy dinners in are arsenal and this is just the meal to do so. It is a 30 minute dish that uses just a few ingredients that a lot of people already have on hand! So if you’re craving a delicious quick dinner recipe this one is for you!
Saucy Sausage and Pepper Pasta
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 12 oz package Three Cheese Italian Chicken Sausage (we use Johnsonville), sliced
- 1 large red pepper sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper sliced
- 1 large green pepper sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbs Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp parsley
- Parmesan cheese for garnish optional
- Cook your pasta according to package directions, reserving about 3/4 pasta water.
- In large skillet heat your oil on medium high heat.
- Add in your sausage, peppers and onions.
- Heat until veggies are tender.
- Add in your crushed tomatoes, reserved pasta water, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and parsley and heat through.
- Stir in your pasta and serve garnished with parmesan if desired.
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer