Want a quick hearty meal this One Pot Creamy Sausage Gnocchi is the perfect weeknight burst of flavor recipe that you’re looking for!
Gnocchi has always been one of our quick and easy go to dinner recipes. We like it pretty much any which way we can get it! Growing up in Minnesota we have things thing called Klub which is pretty much this big potato dumpling that has bits and pieces of diced ham inside and you serve it with butter and salt and gnocchi really reminds me of that, but the crazy shortened version.
WHAT IS GNOCCHI?
Gnocchi is known as “Italy’s Italian Dumpling”. While may eat it as a pasta, it is actually a potato dumpling that can be served many ways! When we first started eating gnocchi I literally would just put butter and salt on it, I know weird, but that was what I was used to and I couldn’t resist it.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH GNOCCHI?
There are literally a million different ways you can serve gnocchi. This One Pot Creamy Sausage Gnocchi is just the tip of the iceberg.
- You can boil it and serve it with a variety of sauces cream, tomato based, butter based, etc.
- You can also pan fry gnocchi and serve it like you would some fried potatoes.
In this recipe we started with some mild Italian sausage that is browned with some onions, tomatoes, spinach, cream, gnocchi and cheese and it all comes together in one pan, under 30 minutes and is crazy good. It is creamy,
meaty, rich and flavorful. Those are all the qualities that I adore in my dinner recipes.
We used garlic and oregano flavored diced tomatoes for this recipe but you can use any flavor that you like. Fire roasted, regular, tomato, basil and garlic, the sky is the limit on the flavors. It is easily adaptable as well. Want to add some pepper? Go for it! More cheese, who wouldn’t!
In essence this is a quick and easy weeknight meal that gets people fed fast, fills them up and keeps them going back for more. My kids and husband adore gnocchi and it is one of the recipes that we keep making over and over again with no complaints!
If you like this recipe you might like:
One Pot Creamy Sausage Gnocchi
- 1 lb mild ground sausage
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 15 oz can garlic and olive oil petite diced tomatoes (any flavor will do)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 16 oz pkg gnocchi
- 2-3 cups spinach
- 1 1-2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parsley for garnish optional
- In skillet over medium high heat add your sausage, onion, garlic and seasonings and saute until browned,
- Add in your tomatoes, creamy, gnocchi and spinach and heat until gnocchi is cooked, spinach is wilted and some of the cream has reduced (about 8-10 minutes).
- Stir in your shredded mozzarella cheese until melted.
- Top with more cheese and parsley if desired.
PIN IT FOR LATER!