Gear up for Fall with this easy and flavorful Pumpkin Roll Recipe! Minimal ingredients make this classic dessert a family favorite!
What is more classic than a Pumpkin Roll? This Pumpkin Roll recipe will have you excited for fall baking! It has minimal ingredients that whip up in minutes. The filling is to die for and the whole family can get behind this recipe.
So we have officially started with Fall baking around this house.We usually get started early because we love ALL the fall flavors whether it be pumpkin, apple or maple…if it is fall related we like to start in August.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS PUMPKIN ROLL RECIPE:
- Pumpkin puree
- Baking soda
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
How could you get more simple than those ingredients? That make the whole recipe, the cake and the filling!
So pumpkin rolls or any rolled cake have always been one of my favorite desserts. They are so fun, you get frosting in each and every bites.
And we aren’t talking about just one layer of frosting, since pumpkin roll recipes are technically rolled up you get multiple layers of frosting in every bite.
If you are anything like me then you love frosting. I always ask for the corner pieces of cakes, or make layered cakes because of all the frosting. Not saying it’s good for me but it sure is good tasting!
HOW DO YOU MAKE A PUMPKIN ROLL?
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a 10″x15″ jelly roll pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together your eggs, sugar, pumpkin, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar until smooth.
- Spread onto prepared baking sheet and bake in oven for about 10-15 minutes or until it springs back when touched.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle a tea towel with powdered sugar and then lay your cake on top of towel.
- Roll cake tightly up in the tea towel and let cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl beat together butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Once cake is cooled unroll and spread your filling over the top then roll up again, this time without the towel.
- Wrap in Saran Wrap and chill for 1-2 hours to set up.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
There are so many fun variations of the pumpkin roll such as:
Pumpkin in general is one of our favorite flavors to bake with. It is so flavorful and fun and pairs with so many other such as chocolate, caramel, cream cheese, maple, etc. So the sky is the limit when it comes to baking with pumpkin.
So if your looking for a classically easy recipe to get your Fall baking started then this Pumpkin Roll Recipe is just the one that you will want to start your baking off with! And to be honest, who couldn’t use a recipe for pumpkin roll?!
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Pumpkin Roll Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup flour
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbs butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Line a 15x10" jelly roll pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In bowl mix together eggs, sugar, pumpkin, baking soda, cinnamon and flour and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or cake springs back when touched, remove from oven.
- Sprinkle a tea towel with powdered sugar and turn cake out on top.
- Slowly roll up the cake in the towel starting on the shorter end.
- Let cool for about one hour.
- Meanwhile in bowl combine all filling ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Once cool unroll the cake and spread the filling over the cake and then roll back up without tea towel, wrap in saran wrap and place in refrigerator to chill about 2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
PIN IT FOR LATER!
Looks delicious and would love to make the Pumpkin Roll
but you fail to give the amounts of each ingredient maybe
you could do it again.
Thanks for pointing that out! Something has been wrong with my recipe card lately and it hasn’t been working right! It’s updated now!
I’m confused. This is the second recipe I’ve seen from you that has no ingredient amounts. Is there a reason for this?
Sorry about that, something has been up with my recipe card lately and it hasn’t been transferring some recipes over correctly. I have that updated now!