Creamy, hearty and delicious this Lemon Chicken Pasta is an easy family recipe that whips up quick and everyone can enjoy!
We love lemon, we love chicken and we love pasta so I had to make this tasty Lemon Chicken Pasta. Full of grilled chicken breasts, a lemon garlic cream sauce and asparagus this is a hearty meal that you won’t be able to stop enjoying.
You can pretty much use any pasta that you’d like with this creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta but we love using fettuccine. But we’ve made it with bow ties and penne before as well and it works absolutely perfectly.
This recipe feeds a crowd, well not a crowd but we have a family of 6 and it was the perfect amount for us. If you want to feed 2 just simply cut this recipe in half and it would be perfect for a small family or date night or just for a single person with some leftovers.
Although it may look difficult this Lemon Chicken Pasta recipe is super simple to make and is done start to finish in about 30 minutes. You can dress it up with some slices of lemon to make it look a little more fancy to wow your guests!
This is a delicious restaurant quality dish that you can create right in your own kitchen. The kids love to help (more so my kids wanted to munch on the lemons) whip up this easy dish, and I love having my kids in the kitchen with me. The more help the merrier.
Serve this pasta dish with some garlic bread or breadsticks and you have yourself a filling meal that is downright tasty, easy and one you’ll want to keep on your menu so you can make it over and over again! This is one recipe that I will guarantee that you’ll keep on your must make list.
Lemon Chicken Pasta
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 16 oz pkg fettuccine
- 1 lb asparagus tips only cut about 2 inches from top
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grill your chicken breasts until they reach 165 degrees.
- Meanwhile make pasta according to package directions, when there is only a few minutes left of cook time add in your asparagus, drain.
- To make your sauce in large pan melt butter.
- Add your garlic and cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add in your heavy cream and bring to a slow boil.
- Stir in your lemon juice and zest then add in parmesan until melted, sprinkle with some salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in pasta and asparagus and toss to coat.
- Top with sliced chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with parsley and top with sliced lemons if desired.