A deliciously fun appetizer for your game day, holiday or party needs, these Italian Pinwheels are tasty, fast and a fun addition to your meal!
Who loves pinwheels?! I do, I do! These Italian Pinwheels are a seriously easy and tasty appetizer recipe that you can never go wrong with! These are the one recipe that I get asked over and over again to bring to all the gatherings we go to.When you think of a pinwheel recipe I know a lot of the time people think about summer, but let me tell you my friends these pinwheels are good any time of the year. I hate when people think things are seasonal when they aren’t!
I’ve had so many people make these for holiday’s, baby showers, bridal showers, birthday parties, etc. They are really simple and really tasty, and do you want to know a secret? They were a copycat recipe of some pinwheels that I had from Walmart!
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED FOR THIS PINWHEEL RECIPE?
- Provolone cheese
- Genoa salami
- Romaine lettuce
- Cream cheese
- Italian bread crumbs
- Roasted red peppers (jarred or canned)
- Banana peppers
- Parmesan cheese
Nothing really beats a good old pinwheel recipe. They are handheld which are one of my favorite things in the world, they are fresh, crisp and flavorful and they feed a crowd. This recipe makes about 24-36 depending on how thinly you slice them.
This recipe can also be doubled or tripled or more depending on the amount of people you are serving. We will make this recipe so often and never get sick of it at all!
HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS PINWHEEL RECIPE?
So when say that this recipe is super easy to make, I’m not lying to you!
- Start by making the red pepper spread! In a bowl, mix all your spread ingredients which includes the cream cheese, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, red peppers and banana peppers until combined.
- Spread 1/3 of that mixture over each of your tortillas.
- In the center of each tortilla, layer 3 slices of your provolone cheese then top with enough salami and pepperoni to cover the tortilla.
- Lastly layer your romaine lettuce over the top of your meat and roll up tightly and place in the refrigerator until cool, which is about 1 hour.
- Slice into about 1″ slices and serve!
See, I told you that it was just that simple. Even the kids love this. The spread and the meats just give it enough kick to give it a little spice while the cheese, lettuce and cream cheese tones it down and adds a little creaminess.
Another great thing about these Italian Pinwheels are that they make great lunch box additions. My boys love it when we add these to their school meals. Usually they will have this with some fruit and a snack and it will be enough to satisfy them.
You can really switch this recipe up to fit your needs. We love having the pepperoni and salami in our pinwheels but it would also be good with other cuts of meat as well!
So if you’re looking for a fun appetizer to just have at home to snack on, something to bring to lunch that is fresh, tasty and crisp, or something that you’re wanting to bring to your next get together then this Italian Pinwheel recipe is just what you need!
If you like this recipe you might also like:
- 3 flour tortillas burrito size
- 1 8 oz pkg genoa salami
- 30 small Pepperoni slices
- 9 slices Provolone cheese
- Romaine lettuce
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup roasted or sweet red peppers we used jarred, chopped small
- 2/3 cup banana peppers we used jarred, chopped small
- Mix all your pepper spread ingredients in bowl until well comined.
- Spread 1/3 of the mix onto tortilla.
- In center of tortilla place 3 slices of cheese next to one another.
- Next layer enough salami tocover tortilla.
- After that layer pepperoni covering the salami.
- Then lastly add your romaine lettuce on top of that.
- Roll up tightly and refrigerate until cool, about 1 hour.
- Slice into pinwheels and enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER!