Creamy cheesy spinach is rolled tight in soft fluffy dough to make these Spinach Dip Pinwheels a great appetizer for any party!
You all should know by now that I can make any appetizer into a full meal. Like literally can live off of appetizers. There is something about having multiple options for one meal that just makes me smile inside. But that also just be the foodie who is constantly hungry talking as well. All you foodies know what I’m talking about….won’t stop!! I sees all the food and this mouth waters….
To be honest, one of my favorite appetizers out there is anything that involves Spinach Dip, naturally who doesn’t! I also love pinwheels, whether they be tortilla or dough versions. Ugh, I just can’t get enough. I think that’s why I like parties so much because people always bring so many appetizers and I’m the girl off yonder with the 10 plates piled high…no shame.
These are so easy and great. You have a few options with this recipe. I like to make my own dough which you have to let rise for about an hour. Another option is that you can buy pizza dough from your local grocer and use that, I know some that have them all ready pre-weighed and packaged right for your grab and go convenience. In a tight spot you could possibly use the boxed pizza dough version, but it probably wouldn’t yield the same results.
These are a great option to take to a picnic. I know that they get snatched up right away! They are a hand-held little piece of heaven in my opinion. Just a great mashup of cheesy, creamy, spinachy goodness in every bite! So if you have a few extra minutes to make these great Spinach Dip Pinwheels for your next picnic, I highly recommend. I know what party I’m going to attend!
Spinach Dip Pinwheels
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbs yeast
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2-3 cups flour
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In bowl mix together your water and yeast and sit and let yeast proof for about 5-10 minutes.
- Once proofed add in your oil and sugar and stir.
- Next add in your flour 1 cup at a time until desired consistency is reached and turn out onto floured surface and knead dough until smooth.
- Place in greased bowl, cover and set in warm place to rise for about an hour.
- Meanwhile preheat your oven to 375 and grease a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In bowl combine your spinach, cream cheese, sour cream and mayo an mix until creamy.
- Stir in your onion and cheese until combined. Set aside.
- Once dough has risen, turn out into floured surface and roll out into a 12"x15" rectangle.
- Spread your spinach dip onto the dough and roll up tightly.
- Cut into about 1" sections and place onto greased baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until dough is golden and dip is bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer