Easy, addicting and fun these Funfetti Granola Bars are a kid-friendly breakfast or snack recipe that is quick and flavorful!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Wilton. All opinions and words are my own.
Can you believe that it is back to school time? I can hardly believe that some kids are already back at school! We don’t ever start until after Labor Day around here, which is fine by me because I love having my kids home with me in the summer!
We are always looking for fun ways to get creative with before and after school snacks and one of my kids favorite treats are granola bars.
Now why spend all the money on the packaged ones when you can make even more addicting ones at home? And when I say addicting you guys I mean it.
My almost 5 year old daughter is one of the pickiest eaters I know, and after trying these granola bars (which was more or less she was starving and this is what I gave her) she just couldn’t stop eating them. Now that is really saying something.
These Funfetti Granola Bars are a fun, flavorful and colorful treat that all the kids can get behind. I’m not going to lie, these are ones I can get behind too because they aren’t just good for kids, it has been proven that adults are equally addicted.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE GRANOLA BARS?
With these granola bars you just need simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand!
- Quick cooking oats
- Rice cereal
- Brown sugar
- Wilton candy melts
- Wilton Rainbow Jimmies
- Wilton 9″x13″ pan
See, how can a list that short seem hard? It’s truly not. Homemade Granola Bars are one recipe that we try to keep on hand all the time, and the beauty of this recipe is that you can switch it up and always add some other ingredients if you want something else.
You can add:
- Chocolate chips
- Dried fruit
- Chocolate candy
The list really goes on for all the mix in’s but the base recipe stays the same!
HOW DO YOU MAKE FUNFETTI GRANOLA BARS?
- In a large bowl mix together your oats and rice cereal until combined.
- In a large pan melt together your butter, honey and brown sugar until sugar dissolves
- Pour melted mixture over your oat and cereal mixture and stir until everything is combined and then let cool slightly and then stir in sprinkles.
- Press into a 9″x13″ Wilton baking pan lined with parchment paper (it makes the removal of the bars for cutting so much easier) and let cool for about 20-30 minutes to set up.
- Melt your candy melts in microwave or double boiler until smooth and then drizzle on top of bars and sprinkle with some more sprinkles and let it hard.
- Cut bars and devour.
This granola bar recipe truly is one of our favorite breakfast and after school snacks and I love how my kids never turn their noses up when I offer them these.
They are sweet but not too sweet, chewy which are the best kind of granola bar recipe in my opinion and just an all around great grab and go snack that will keep the kids going all day!
For more back to school ideas check out some fun things HERE!
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Funfetti Granola Bars
- 4 cups quick cooking oats
- 3 cups rice cereal
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Wilton sprinkles + more for topping
- Wilton candy melts
- Line a 9"x13" pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In large bowl stir together your oats and cereal until combined, set aside.
- In a sauce pan melt together butter, honey and brown sugar and bring to a slight boil making sure to continuously stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour mixture over your oat and cereal mixture and stir until everything is coated, let cool slightly.
- Add in your sprinkles and stir until distributed.
- Press into your prepared pan and let sit for about 20-30 minutes until set.
- Meanwhile melt you Wilton candy melts according to package directions.
- Drizzle candy melts over the tops of your granola bars and sprinkle with extra sprinkles if desired.
- Cut and serve.
PIN IT FOR LATER!