Delicious bacon topped meatloaf grilled in a Bourbon BBQ Sauce and topped off with onion straws makes this Bourbon BBQBacon Meatloaf Sandwich a hearty meal!
Bourbon BBQ Bacon Meatloaf Sandwich, wow say that three times fast. I know the name is long, but I couldn’t leave anything out when describing this delicious piece of meat on a bun!
For real, this is a dinner for champions. Or a bunch of willing participants and hungry, hearty mouths to feed. That was the case the other night for my brood.
Talk about a meal that was literally scarfed down in minutes. I swear my husband could have inhaled this thing in 2 bites if he tried. Moist meatloaf, a tangy bourbon bbq sauce, cheese and onion straws make this sandwich something else I tell you.
Not to mention I love onion straws. I could eat those things by the handful all day long. If you are looking for that meal that will satisfy your man…or woman, this is wear to go my friends.
What makes this sandwich so amazing is grilling the slices of meatloaf in the sauce, an essential party I believe. Gives it a thick caramel coating that bakes right onto the meatloaf and searing in the flavor.
Add some melted cheese and you are set! No need for a side dish with this bad boy, at least one was not necessary for me. Filling is the only word that comes to mind!
Bourbon BBQ Bacon Meatloaf Sandwich
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tbs minced onion
- 1/3 cup bbq sauce your favorite
- 3 slices bacon
- Onion Rolls
- Sliced cheese
BOURBON BBQ SAUCE
- 1 cup bbq sauce favorite kind
- 1/3 cup water
- 3-4 Tbs bourbon
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbs seasoning salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all your meatloaf ingredients together in bowl and place in baking pan and top lengthwise with and cook for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, slice your onions very thin* and add your buttermilk to a bowl.
- Place your onions in buttermilk and set aside.
- Once meatloaf is done remove from oven and let cool until able to be handled.
- In sauce pan add your BBQ sauce ingreidients, bring to boil, once boiling reduce heat to simmer and continute to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat your deepfryer to 375.
- In bowl add your flour, seasoning salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- In 2 batches take half of your onions and dip it in your flour mixture then place in deep fryer for a few minutes until golden, repeat and set aside on paper towel lined plate to cool.
- In skillet add about 1/2-1 cup bbq sauce and place meatloaf on top and heat on medium-high meat and grill your meatloaf slices in batches until bbq sauce starts to coat outside of meatloaf and thickens.
- Top with cheese slices until melted, place on buns, top with onion straws and serve!
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer