Sweet ripe strawberries baked into the top of a moist cake and drizzled with a cream cheese glaze make this Upside Down Strawberries and Cream Cake a hit!
So I love Spring! I love all the fresh fruits that start coming into season. Strawberries are one of my all time favorite one to bake with!
I love making them into donuts, drinks and sometimes just tossing them into salads! They are a fresh and delightful addition to spring and summer recipes and they are fun to get creative with!
ONE thing I don’t eat strawberries on though is cheesecake. I’m a cherry cheesecake girl! But one thing that makes me swoon every time I see a variation of it is Strawberries and Cream.
Oh Lordy!! There are so many delicious creations out there, but hands down this Upside Down Strawberries and Cream Cake is by far my most favorite yet.
Who doesn’t love fruit baked right into their cake? For real, I’ve made a few upside down cakes here and here (new pictures coming soon) and they have just been so much fun to play around with!
Not to mention they usually come out of the pan with no issues! I hate when baking a cake and it get’s stuck in the pan and essentially the cake is ruined since it tears half the top off!! UGH talk about frustration.
Well good news for you! This cake is easy peasy! I love using the method of whipping up egg white and folding them into the cake batter. It makes for a lighter, fluffier sort of cake.
The glaze on this is to die for. Cream cheese icing is one of my absolute faves and puts this cake over the top no doubt! So if you’re feeling light and fresh and want a great fruity treat to fill you up, look no further. This Upside Down Strawberries and Cream Cake will please everyone!
Upside Down Strawberries and Cream Cake
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2 eggs separated
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk warmed
- 3-4 cups quartered and diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 Tbs cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9" springform pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Im medium bowl stir together your flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate large bowl beat together with mixer, sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Mix in egg yolks one at a time until incorporated, then beat in your vanilla.
- Add your warmed milk and continue to mix until combined.
- Mix in your flour mixture until blended.
- In separate bowl beat your egg white until stiff peaks form, once formed fold whites into batter mixture in 2 separate additions, set aside.
- Meanwhile, in bowl add 3-4 cups quartered and chopped strawberries, sugar, vanilla and flour and toss.
- Sprinkle in bottom of springform pan and spread out, top with cake batter and smooth out.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until golden and center is set, once cooked, remove from oven and turn out onto cooling rack or serving tray.
- To make your glaze, in bowl blend together cream cheese and butter until smooth then mix in your powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Add cream 1 Tbs at a time until you reach your desired consistency, then drizzle over top of cake.
Can you use corn starch, in place of flour, in the strawberry mixture?
You should be able to yes.
Yum, Alli! These looks like a perfect spring dessert!
Thanks Mollie, perfect for Spring, I’m really into strawberries right now, it’s hard to not go overboard with the recipes!
Wow!! This cake looks awesome!!
Thank you so much Jenni. This cake was so great!
This sounds to die for!! Thanks for sharing 🙂 Pinned!
Kathryn @ Family Food on the Table
What a gorgeous cake! I love strawberries and cream flavored desserts and this cake sounds perfect – plus that glaze drizzled all over the top?! This is a great spring-time treat and would also be lovely for Mothers Day!
So delicious! We love strawberries too. Where we used to live there was this stand on the side of the road that had THE best strawberries ever and cheap too! We would count down the days until it opened. Sadly I don’t have that same awesomeness in our new town….hopefully we will figure it out!
It is almost too pretty to eat. Almost. I would eat it in a heartbeat.
This looks amazing. Yummy!!
This looks absolutely delicious! Strawberries are my favorite so I can’t wait to try this! Thank you for sharing!
A cake with fruit on it isn’t really dessert, right? It’s fruit. It’s healthy. These are the things I’ll tell myself as I eat an entire pan of this deliciousness in one sitting. Oops!
I agree. Fruit = healthy, that’s all we need to tell ourselves and we will be endlessly happy 🙂
Keith @ How's it Lookin?
Looks great. The glaze sounds amazing, thanks a lot
Thanks so much Keith, the glaze is amazing.
Lucy @ Globe Scoffers
This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks so much Lucy!
This cake sounds so good. Thank you and have a great week.
Thanks so much Liz, we adored this cake!