Love Pizza? Love Chili? How about this delicious Pizza Chili. Filled with all your pizza and chili ingredients in one pot!
Ok, I know what you’re thinking…chili in April?? Well come on now, in my defense, we get those cool rainy day’s where you just want to cuddle up on the couch, with a good book (or in my case lately, binge watching Netflix) a blanket and a big old bowl of soup or chili.
Comfort at it’s best is what I call that for sure. Why not make it this seriously delicious Pizza Chili. Pizza deconstructed and cooked up in a pot! What is not to love about that!
I don’t know about you, but we are a huge family of pizza lovers (seriously though, I’m sure we all can admit to that). So obviously I needed to make it into chili form.
This pot of deliciousness is chalked full of pizza toppings and seasonings along with your traditional chili ingredients. All I know is that this is one seriously delicious dish that is for sure. ALSO this is totally kid friendly and approved. Mine devoured this down in no time. It also helps when my husband is pleased as well, which he was.
Another one of the perks of this recipe is that it is a 30 minute or less meal. That’s what we are all about here in this household, quick and easy.
Although I adore cooking and being in the kitchen, there are some days where I just want to call it a day, but yet I don’t want to go get take-out or make a microwave dinner so these quick and easy meals that I can pour everything in a pot and essentially forget about it for a little bit seriously make me one happy lady!
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 16 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 1 15-16 oz jar pizza sauce
- 1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 cloved garlic minced
- 1/2 6 oz pkg pepperoni slices
- 1/2 cup green pepper chopped
- 1 4 oz can sliced black olives
- 1 4.5 oz can mushrooms
- 1 Tbs Italian seasoning
- Mozzarella cheese
- In large pot, cook Italian sausage, peppers, garlic and mushrooms over medium-high heat until cooked sausage is cooked through.
- Stir in beans, pizza sauce, tomatoes, tomato paste, water, pepperoni, seasoning and black olives.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until thickened.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer