If there was anything you wanted to spread on all the things it would be this rich and addicting Bourbon Bacon Jam!
Good morning everyone. This morning was definitely not a morning that I wanted to get up. I had a kid up all night coughing and I forgot how cold a room can get during the fall and winter months when you don’t turn on the heat. Burr, talk about not wanting to leave the covers. But obviously I obliged and got myself out of bed and got the kids up and dressed for school. Now I am sitting here writing this post as I drool over what it is about.
Have you guys ever heard about a little thing called Bacon Jam? If not you are missing out. I have had it on the brain for a few years now when I first pinned it to one of my Pinterest boards and I kept looking back at it wondering when a good time would be to make it.
Well my husband and I have been in a HUGE canning kick (more to come) lately and I figured now is a better time than any!
This stuff makes your house smell soooooo amazing. Well that’s if you like bacon and all. And if you are not a bacon lover….I don’t think we can be friends. Just kidding, I’ll love you anyways. That just means that there is more for me!
Bacon, onions, maple syrup and BOURBON make up the main components of this jam. Which you can pretty much lather on anything, or eat it with crackers. We love it on our burgers! Saves us time making the onions and bacon by themselves! Have you tried it in meat loaf yet? Nope? Seriously, this is one of those versatile “toppings” so to speak that goes amazing with a whole array of things.
This recipe comes takes a little bit to prepare but obviously you can’t rush perfection. And when it comes to bacon, in a jam….you know it has to be something else!! This recipe makes 2 1/2 pint jars or 4 4 oz jars. Great as a gift as well. This recipe though needs to be kept refrigerated and will keep for about a month! But we will see if it even lasts that long….a week would be pushing it it’s just so good! So you need to go, make now and your husband will be thanking you!
Bourbon Bacon JamPrint Pin Rate
- 1 pound bacon reserve bacon grease
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup coffee brewed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce chopped
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place cooling racks on a rimmed baking sheet and layer bacon over top.
- Cook bacon for 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool, once cool crumble.
- Taking about 1-2 Tbs of the bacon grease add to large pot.
- Cook onions in bacon grease until tender.
- Add in the garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add crumbled bacon and remaining ingredients and reduce heat to simmer until the liquid has reduced some and thickened about 1-2 hours.
- At this point you can add your bacon mix to a food processor to break it down to littler chunks or you can leave it chunkier.
- Place into 2 1/2 pint jars or 4 4 oz jars, seal and refrigerate!