Easy, creamy, cheesy and delicious this Stuffed Mushroom Dip is a family favorite appetizer recipe that takes a twist on a classic treat!
Appetizers are a huge thing in this household! Like we could live off of appetizers for every meal I think. I’ve said this many times before but just having lots of little options to munch on really just gets my tummy grumbling.
We adore stuffed mushrooms and why not take that fabulous appetizer recipe and turn it into something else? I mean who doesn’t love taking twists on classic dishes to begin with, amiright?
We’ve been making this Stuffed Mushroom Dip for many many years now and EVERYONE asks for the recipe. I barely meet a person who doesn’t love this dip. Even people who hate mushrooms have started to fall in love with this dip recipe!
HOW DO YOU MAKE STUFFED MUSHROOM DIP?
This recipe is super simple and flavorful. You can serve it hot or cold, but we prefer hot since we love the stringy and cheesy part of it, but literally it’s so good that you can just eat it with a spoon when it’s cold.
So how do you make this dip?
- You start by frying up pork sausage, you can use Italian sausage as well, we have used both. Then you add in some onions and mushrooms (fresh or canned). You sauté them all up until sausage is cooked and onions are tender.
- You then mix in some seasonings, cream cheese, mayo and cheese. You spread it into a baking dish, sprinkle with more cheese and bake!
WHAT KIND OF MUSHROOMS DO YOU USE FOR THIS DIP?
So we have used a mixture of mushrooms before. You can use canned sliced mushrooms or you can slice up some white button mushrooms as well. If you use the fresh mushrooms then you might need to add a little more time to make sure that the mushrooms are tender.
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH THIS STUFFED MUSHROOM DIP?
We love to use slices of French bread or baguettes, for some reason it just tastes amazing on fresh diced bread. You can also serve it with a variety of crackers and what not. Or you can be like me and just want to eat it with a shovel and be completely happy!
This Stuffed Mushroom Dip is perfect for a quick appetizer for game day, picnics, get togethers or just something that you cant help but crave, because trust me, once you tried this dip you will fall in love!
If you liked this appetizer recipe you might also like:
Stuffed Mushroom Dip
- 2 4 oz cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 lb pork sausage or Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, cut into 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large skillet cook your sausage over medium heat, when sausage is halfway done add your onions and mushrooms and cook until onions are tender, drain.
- Season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Add in your cream cheese and stir until meled.
- In bowl mix together both cheeses.
- Stir in your mayo and then add 2/3 of the cheese.
- Spread into a 9"x9" baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until dip is bubbling and golden.
- Serve with diced bread or crackers.
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer
PIN IT FOR LATER!