Moist and delicious this Banana Zucchini Sheet Cake combines two great flavors and coats them in a creamy cinnamon cream cheese frosting!
So as you guys all know…I have an addiction to cake. Lately it’s been sheet and poke cakes. I don’t know why, I think they more or less bring out the warmer weather feel to me than a layer cake. I feel a layer cake is cool weather cake…more layers to keep me nice, warm, fed and satisfied. Ha, honestly that just came out my you know what to have something interesting to say.
All cake is good for all times. I just figured it would be nice to have an actual reason as to why I’ve been into particular cakes at this moment, but I really just think that I go in spurts with my mood. I’ve been in the easy peasy mood lately. Not that some of the layer cakes aren’t easy peasy, but I like to just slow it down sometimes, you know?
So you also all know that I have this HUGE HUGE HUGE addiction to banana. Like I’ve confessed that to you all so many times. I swear as bad as they say licking the batter bowl is…I would risk it all and lick any banana dessert bowl, especially this one. This Banana Zucchini Sheet Cake is so good ya’ll! And who doesn’t love adding the much-loved zucchini to desserts? You better know that this girl does!
My kids are banana lovers just like me, sometimes when I tell them there is zucchini in things it turns them off to them. So this is a real easy fun way to sneak that in there. Not that it really matters because I mean it is a cake, so it’s not like sneaking it into Mac and cheese or something more “nutritious” but at least I’m sneaking it in there and they can get it in their diet some how!
This cake is such an easy cake to make and I love that about it! And let me tell you…the cinnamon cream cheese frosting that is on this bad boy really set’s it apart from all your normal banana desserts! Zucchini, banana and cinnamon go really well with one another and play off the palate really nicely. Some people think that cinnamon is an overpowering flavor, but it’s really nice and subtle in this recipe and just works.
This cake feeds a crowd that’s for sure, but sheet cakes usually do. So this would be perfect to bring to your Memorial Day get together or your next picnic or party that you’re invited to! I get people asking me all the time for the recipe, so I think that it means that it’s a keeper for sure!
Banana Zucchini Sheet CakePrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large bananas , mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 small zucchinis , grated and drained
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup butter , softened
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 12"x17" sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In bowl beat your butter and sugar for a few minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in your bananas and continue to beat until combined.
- Add in your eggs and vanilla and beat again.
- Fold in your zucchini until incorporated.
- In another bowl whisk together your flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add your flour mixture into your wet mixture and beat until combined.
- Add in your milk and beat until just mixed.
- Pour into your prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile to make your frosting, in bowl beat your butter until fluffy.
- Add in your cream cheese and mix together.
- Beat in your salt, cinnamon and vanilla until combined.
- Slowly add in your powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
- Spread your frosting over your cake and cut and serve.