Switch up your normal pizza routine and make this super easy, super delicious Supreme Pizza Pasta Bake! Your new Friday night trend!
I don’t know how many of you have pizza on Friday nights, but we don’t. But I do see like while browsing Facebook and what not that pizza is like a huge deal to some people and always on Friday nights. I guess it’s the end of the week and a perfect way to ring in the weekend, and it’s quick and easy!
So I figured I’d give ya’ll a fun pizza alternative and I turned my favorite pizza into a pasta. Welcome the Supreme Pizza Pasta Bake. I’ve actually been making this dish for years, but I felt like switching it up a little bit lately and playing around with some flavors and what not. This is absolutely customizable to your pizza liking, for real.
Would you find it odd that the majority of the time I add in pineapple?!? For those of you people who think that pineapple doesn’t belong on pizza…hush, lol. I’m a huge advocate for pineapple on pizza. My husband is more of the Canadian bacon fan where I hate Canadian bacon so usually I do a pepperoni and pineapple instead, yummy!
But my favorite pizza of all time has to be sliced sausage, green pepper and mushrooms. Heck I kinda just like all the things on the pizza, but usually when we get pizza to take out that is what I order. There is something about that sliced sausage that just makes me swoon. Plus I adore the taste of fennel whereas my husband hates it! Seriously?!?! Who hates fennel!
Ok anyways, sorta of off topic there for a little bit, not really but lets get back to this Supreme Pizza Pasta Bake shall we? Rotini noodles are combined with sausage, pepperoni, diced red and green peppers, tomatoes, black olives, pizza sauce and cheese. Can you pack this pasta full of any more flavor? Oh and I made sure that I used the pizza cheese for this. If you don’t know what that is, I believe that Kraft makes a pizza blend and you can find it at Walmart, makes things so much easier!
So you toss everything together in a baking dish, heat that bad boy up for about 30-40 minutes until the cheese is ooey, gooey and melty and then you dig in. I mean this almost trumps pizza….almost!
So if you’re looking for a fun, easy alternative to your normal pizza night then this Supreme Pizza Pasta Bake is a seriously delicious alternative. It’s not too far from the normal, taste just like a pizza and it’s husband and kid approved!
Supreme Pizza Pasta Bake
- 1 (16 oz) box of rotini pasta, cooked
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage , cooked and drained
- 1 (4 oz) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can basil, garlic and oregano diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pepperoni
- 1 (4 oz) can sliced green and red peppers (or use fresh sliced)
- 2 (14 oz) jars pizza sauce
- 2 cups Pizza shredded cheese , divided (can find at Walmart or just Monterey Jack)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl mix together all your ingredients minus 1 cup of cheese.
- Pour your pasta mixture in a baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes then uncover and continue baking for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.