Full of peanut butter and chocolate goodness these Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles are the perfect holiday treat that feeds a crowd and people go wild for.
If you haven’t noticed, I kind of have a sweet tooth. Ok, its a little more than a kind of thing, I have a full on, call the doctor sugar addiction and this girl ain’t sorry one bit!
So I know its still a little ways from the holidays but I want to start a little bit early. I’ve figured out that when people start planning for the holiday’s they start pinning and searching a few months before, or at least that is what I like to do.
I love to make goodie gift boxes form my friends and family that consist of bars, cookies, brownies, candy etc. I’ve always gotten such good reactions when it came to those simple little gifts that I like to continue the tradition year after year.
Truffles are one of my favorite and easy things to make and give. These Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles are some of my absolute FAVORITE flavors of truffles ever.
They are filled with Nutter Butter cookies making that peanut butter flavor just that much more extra. I love Nutter Butter cookies by themselves as does my husband, one of his absolute favorites, but he actually loves so many different cookies that I could probably say that about any random one.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED?
- Nutter Butter cookies
- Cream Cheese
- White Chocolate Candiquik
- Chocolate Candiquik
I swear that list is the honest to God truth in what is all needed for these Chocolate Truffles. I mean who doesn’t love a simple recipe that whips up in no time? It’s one of those perfect last minute ones that you can just put together but make people think that it took forever.
If you’ve ever had truffles before you probably have made the traditional Oreo Truffles, but some other fun flavors include:
You guys, this list could literally go on and on. Truffles are just so so so easy to make, and so so so addicting, probably more so than being easy, which makes it a recipe for success.
My kids really love any handheld treats, truffles are one of the ones that have always been on top of their list. They are keen to loving the Oreo and Cake Batter versions mostly, but once I introduced them to these Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles they found a whole new favorite.
HOW DO YOU MAKE TRUFFLES?
- In food processor pulse a 16 oz package of your Nutter Butter cookies until fine crumbs for.
- Add a block of softened cream cheese and pulse until smooth and a paste like texture forms.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and roll your batter into about 1-1 1/2″ balls and place on baking sheet.
- Freeze for about 30 minutes until hardened.
- Meanwhile melt your white chocolate candiquik in microwave according to package directions until smooth.
- Remove your truffles from freezer and immediately roll/dip into your melted chocolate until coated on all sides.
- Place back onto baking sheet.
- While chocolate sets, microwave 1-2 squares of your regular chocolate candiquik in a bowl until smooth then spoon into a ziploc bag then cut a small corner off and drizzle truffles with chocolate and let set.
- Refrigerate after serving.
This is one dessert that can be made in a little over a half an hour, they freeze well also. So they can be easily defrosted if you want to keep them for awhile before you devour them, the only issue with freezing these truffles is that they might sweat a little bit, but it doesn’t change the flavor of the truffle themselves.
Whether you’re looking for the perfect holiday gift, fun dessert or just because you want a sweet treat to munch on then these Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles are exactly what you are looking for.
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles
- 1 16 oz pkg Nutter Butter Cookies
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened and cut into chunks
- 1 pkg White Chocolate Candiquik
- 2 blocks Chocolate Candiquik
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In food processor add your cookies and pulse until fine crumbs form.
- Add in your cream cheese and process until smooth and a paste like texture forms.
- Roll batter into 1-1 1/2" balls and place on prepared baking sheet and freeze for about 30 minutes until firm.
- Meanwhile melt your white chocolate Candiquik according to package directions.
- Remove balls from freezer and roll into melted chocolate one at a time until coated and then place back on baking sheet.
- While hardening melt your 2 blocks of chocolate Candiquik in microwave until smooth and place in small ziploc bag and cut a tiny corner off and drizzle over truffles and let set.
- Refrigerate after serving.
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.
PIN IT FOR LATER!
Where can I find the nutter butter cookies? I have gone to 3 popular stores with no success.
We usually find them and any big name stores such as Walmart or target, if you cant find them any sort of filled peanut butter cookie will work fine for this recipe as long as you have 16 oz.
I love Nutter Butters, so I can’t wait to give these a try! They look so pretty too – love the drizzle!
These are my favorite!!! I love these truffles!!
I could eat a dozen of these truffles! So delicious!
These are seriously dangerous but gosh do I want to eat like 50 right now. Awesome recipe and photos!
These truffles are my new go-to! So easy and beautiful – I can’t believe how great they turned out!