A delicious holiday fave these Tiramisu Truffles take the favorite holiday treat and make it bite sized for everyone to love.
Ok you guys, I just got back from a long weekend road trip to Pawhuska, Oklahoma. What is there you may ask? Why the Pioneer Woman’s Mercantile. Which is a store, restaurant and bakery.
My mom and I are huge fans of Ree and her family and cooking that we knew we had to plan a trip down there once it opened. It was a loooong drive but it was worth it and we turned it into a foodie road trip to remember for sure….I mean look who I got to meet – The Marlboro Man! ❤❤❤
Anyways, I’ll do a whole post on that trip another time. Today we are going to focus on these absolutely addicting Tiramisu Truffles! And when I say addicting I mean addicting, I had 2 of my friends try them and they were hooked. I immediately got messages for the recipe and the need for me to save some for them to take home.
It always feels nice though when you make a recipe and it goes over well with people! But I’m not going to lie, these things are pretty darn good. Like, keep on hand in the fridge at all times kinda good. Like you need to give to everyone you know sorta good. I’ll just say if you’re a fan of regular tiramisu, you’ll love these.
Now don’t get me wrong, I LOVE traditional tiramisu so much. But I’m the girl who takes a twist on pretty much anything and everything and so you knew this had to happen. I’ve made Tiramisu Layer Cake as well and lemme tell you….❤❤❤. That’s right , all the hearts for that baby!
Anyways, so let’s talk about these Tiramisu Truffles a little bit shall we? Like always, this is a pretty simple and straightforward recipe you start with a cake mix and bake it all up and crumbled it into a bowl. Mix in some Kahula, instant coffee granules and mascarpone cheese. Mix that all up and roll into balls and freeze.
Then comes the time-consuming part – the dunking. I have to admit, I hate this part. It always freaks me out to melt and dip things in chocolate. I’m always scared something will go wrong, usually doesn’t but still nervous. Anyways, you melt, dunk and then sprinkle with some cocoa powder and ta-da Tiramisu Truffles are born!
These would be amazing to bring to your next holiday gathering or just to enjoy as a fun treat or dessert to have on hand at any given time…seriously. So if you’re a fan of traditional Tiramisu then you’ll need to try these delicious Tiramisu Truffles!
- 1 white cake mix and ingredients called for on box
- 1 8oz container mascarpone cheese
- 3 Tbs Kahlua
- 3 Tbs Instant coffee granules
- 1 large block almond bark
- Cocoa powder
- Bake cake according to package directions, once cooked cool then crumble into pieces in large bowl.
- Stir in your mascarpone cheese, Kahlua and coffee granules until moist and tacky.
- Once combined roll into generous 1" balls and place on cookie sheet, repeat with remaining batter.
- Place cookie sheet in freezer until solid (about 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile in pan melt your almond bark on low heat until creamy.
- Place a large sheet of parchment or wax paper on your countertop.
- Remove truffles from freezer in small batches and using fork, dip each truffle into almond bark until coated, place on your parchment/wax paper and immediately sprinkle with a little bit of your cocoa.
- Repeat for all truffles, let harden a few minutes and serve!
I just made these yesterday and they are so good!!!
We made these for my bridal shower, except turned them into cake pops so they were easier to set up and eat. Everyone loved them, and we got asked to make them for a family members bridal shower this weekend.