Three different desserts all in one, these Oreo Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars are a seriously addicting and almost sinful treat.
You guys, I did it again. So my Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Bars were such a hit (about 2.1 million views on the video on Facebook) that I couldn’t help myself and had to make another variation of the beloved treat. And might I tell you, these are almost better.
Now I adore all the desserts that are combined into this bar separately but when you combine them and create this epic treat you have yourself a seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY amazing bar. I mean this is the bar to end all bars! Like I dream about these things…haha, it’s true though.
So although they look difficult with all the layers and what not, these are probably one of the most easy bars you will ever make. They start with store-bought (or homemade if you’re feeling adventurous) cookie dough.
I haven’t tried making my own cookie dough, but I’m assuming a small batch, roughly a pound of dough works.
Anyways, let’s get back to how these puppies are constructed. So you layer half your cookie dough,then you add rows upon rows or Oreos, then spread over some easy peasy cheesecake, more cookie dough then crushed up Oreos. I mean how easy and tasty does that sound.
Now if you like gooey warm desserts then you can totally have these right out of the oven, but they are best when they are cooled completely and chilled. They hold together in nice bar form.
But I have a few people who have tried them who like to eat the out of a bowl with a fork! So options are there people, options are there!
Oh and did I mention that the kids absolutely love these?!? I know I’m horrible for sugaring up my kids so much…nah, I really don’t care, they love these just as much as their mom does. But moderation is key, at least that’s what I tell myself.
So if you’re looking for a fun, tasty treat that will have people’s jaw dropping (at least that’s what happens to me every time I look at these and take a bite), simple as pie to make and are a smaller batch recipe where you won’t have massive leftovers, not that with these you would anyways. Then head to the kitchen and make these Oreo Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars!
Oreo Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- 1 (16 oz) tube of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (or homemade)
- 16 Oreos , plus more for topping
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a 9"x9" baking dish sprayed with cooking spray, press half of your cookie dough in the bottom of the dish.
- Layer Oreos in 4 rows across the top of your cookie dough layer, set aside.
- In bowl mix together your cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread over the top of Oreos.
- Drop tiny pieces of the remaining cookie dough over the top until covered.
- Sprinkle with about 1/2 cup crushed Oreos.
- Bake in oven for about 45 minutes or until center is set and top is slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and cool completely then transfer to refrigerator and chill for about an hour before cutting and serving.