A rich and creamy cheesecake is layered with a moist and light vanilla cake and frosted with an addicting salted caramel buttercream in this Salted Caramel Cheesecake Cake!
So you guys obviously know that I LOOOOOOOOOVE cake. Like love cake. If I could have a last meal before I died it would probably solely be a variety of different cakes, because yeah thats just how I roll.
Have you ever heard the concept of a Cheesecake Cake before? If you haven’t ever heard of one, then friends, I’m going to tell you pretty much about this little slice of heaven right about now.
Cheesecake Cakes are essentially a cheesecake stuffed between to layers of cake and frosted. So instead of having just frosting in-between your cake layers you also have a nice whole cheesecake. I mean can you say indulgent?!?
Indulgent is EXACTLY the word needed to describe this Salted Caramel Cheesecake Cake. All the flavors combined in this cake alone are heavenly, but when you combine them into one, you have yourself some serious addiction about to go down.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A CHEESECAKE CAKE?
Ok, so these cakes look a little daunting, trust me they’re not. For the longest time I was so scared to even make a simple layer cake. If only you guys fully understood that I really didn’t like to bake up until maybe 5 years ago, you probably wouldn’t believe me.
I got into baking when I was pregnant with my daughter, you know how that goes…all those cravings and I just didn’t have much to do at the time other than bake so it kinda became a hobby of mine that I fine tuned over the years.
Anyways, back to how to make this cheesecake cake! So first you start with your cheesecake, just a basic cheesecake recipe, cream cheese, sugar, eggs, sour cream, heavy cream, salt and vanilla.
This cake I will warn you isn’t the quickest cake around, you have to bake your cheesecake and then let it chill overnight. So I like to usually make my cheesecake at night and then start with the rest in the morning.
You then bake up a vanilla cake (for this recipe anyways) you can really use any flavor that you want, but I think that vanilla and salted caramel go hand and hand together so we always like making this cake with vanilla cake layers.
Then you frost it with some super simple salted caramel butter cream which consists of butter, caramel sauce, salt and powdered sugar. I mean how can you go wrong with an easy buttercream recipe like that.
You then start layering your cake with one cake layer, some frosting, cheesecake, more frosting, another cake layer then you lather the whole thing in buttercream. I topped it with some fun gold sprinkles and some flake salt to add a little garnish and extra flavor.
These Cheesecake Cake recipes have been getting really popular over the last few years, some other flavors you might adore would be this Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake Cake, Black Forest Cheesecake Cake and this Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake just to name a few.
So if you want yourself a fun and flavorful heavenly dessert then you have to try this Salted Caramel Cheesecake Cake, I can almost guarantee that you will not be disappointed. This cake has all the layers that you’ll love and you won’t be able to put your fork down.
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Salted Caramel Cheesecake Cake
- 2 8 oz pkgs cream cheese, soft
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cup sugar
- 4 room temp eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk regular milk or half and half
- 1 1/2 tbs vanilla
- 2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 1 Tbs sea salt
- 7-9 cups powdered sugar
To make cheesecake:
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line a 9" springform pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray and wrap the bottom and sides of pan in heavy duty tinfoil, set aside.
- In stand mixer beat together cream cheese, sugar and salt until light and smooth.
- Add in your eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add in your sour cream, heavy cream and vanilla until blended.
- Pour cheesecake into prepared pan.
- Place springform pan in a large roasting pan and fill halfway up sides with hot water.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes then turn oven off and leave in oven for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cool completely on counter top before covering and transferring to refrigerator to chill 8 hour or overnight.
To make cake:
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line 2 9" cake pans with parchment paper and spray with non
- In large bowl whisk together cake flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In stand mixer beat your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in vanilla until combined.
- Alternate adding in your flour mixture and milk in 3 separate additions until blended.
- Divide batter evenly between two pans and bake in oven for about 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted I center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
To make buttercream:
- In stand mixer beat together butter, caramel sauce and salt until combined and smooth.
- Add in your powdered sugar one cup at a time until desired consistency is reached. If it gets too thick add in a little milk or cream to thin out.
- On a cake stand or turntable add one layer of cake and then spread about 3/4 cup of your buttercream over the cake.
- Top with cheesecake (you might have to trim it to fit even with cake layers) and then spread another 3/4 cup buttercream over cheesecake.
- Top with remaining cake layer and frost tops and side of cake with remaining buttercream.
- Sprinkle with some gold sprinkles and flake salt if desired.
- Keep refrigerated.
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer