Want a tasty copycat recipe that everyone will love? This Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup is easy, flavorful and completely addicting. Simple ingredients make this better than the original!
If you are an Olive Garden fan, raise your hand! We are huge pasta, soup and salad lovers in this house and Olive Garden is one of those that we have always enjoyed.
Now we don’t have an Olive Garden near us, well not within an hours drive so I took it upon myself to recreate one of their most beloved soups, Chicken Gnocchi Soup.
This is hands down one of our most made soups ever. We make it at least once a month, if not more often simply because everyone in the family loves it.
Gnocchi is one of our favorite things to cook with, you can check my One Pot Creamy Sausage Gnocchi and my Taco Gnocchi recipes if you are also a fan.
Gnocchi is also one of those staples that are easily adaptable and can be added to so many different things than just this Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup.
Some of our other favorite Olive Garden recipes include:
It’s super easy to make all your favorite restaurant recipes at home. We love all sorts of copycat recipes and we take it upon ourselves to try to recreate as much as possible.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- Chicken breasts
- Olive oli
- Chicken broth
- Salt & pepper
I love this Chicken Gnocchi Soup because it’s pretty straight forward and super simple to whip up and the ingredients aren’t super weird where you cant find them anywhere.
I find that when I try to recreate recipes, sometimes it’s hard to locate some of the ingredients that they call for, so we like to adapt as much as possible and sometimes they turn out a little better than the original.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN GNOCCHI SOUP:
In large dutch oven or stock pot, melt butter and olive oil together.
Add your onions, carrots and garlic and cook until onions become translucent.
Whisk in your flour and let cook for a minute, slowly stir in your chicken broth and simmer until it starts to thicken up.
Meanwhile in pan cook your gnocchi according to package directions, drain and set aside.
Add your milk to your veggie and chicken broth mix and bring to a boil, stir in your seasonings.
Once at a boil reduce heat and add your gnocchi, spinach and chicken simmering until heated through and thickened.
This gnocchi soup recipe can literally be whipped up in less than 30 minutes which makes it the IDEAL weeknight dinner. It is easily able to be doubled with no trouble at all.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- To make a thicker soup mix together mix together 1 Tbs cornstarch and 1 Tbs cold water and stir until thickened.
- We aren’t the biggest fans of celery, but you can add 1 cup chopped celery when you add your other vegetables.
- We like to use mini gnocchi which we find at Walmart, but regular sized gnocchi is fine as well.
- You don’t need to pre-boil your gnocchi, you can cook it in the liquid instead.
- I do not recommend freezing this soup, thawing it will make it separate and become watery.
So if you want a perfect easy dinner recipe this Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe is the way to go. Everyone raves about it (just check out the reviews) and pretty much the whole family loves it!
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 package 16 ounces mini potato gnocchi
- 1 cup fresh spinach chopped
- In large dutch oven or stock pot, melt butter and olive oil together.
- Add your onions, carrots and garlic and cook until onions become translucent.
- Whisk in your flour and let cook for a minute, slowly stir in your chicken broth and simmer until it starts to thicken up.
- Meanwhile in pan cook your gnocchi according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Add your milk to your veggie and chicken broth mix and bring to a boil, stir in your seasonings.
- Once at a boil reduce heat and add your gnocchi, spinach and chicken simmering until heated through and thickened.
PIN IT FOR LATER!
This is my most favorite soup recipe ever! It’s actually prefer it to olive garden’s! Thanks!
My kids love this.
Delicious n so easy to make. Great for those cold blustery days.
I made this tonight (my first time making my own gnocchi)… it turned out delicious. I will definitely make it again. So easy
This soup is delicious and even better the 2nd day!
Made this for girls get together everyone loved it
I did add celery (per my husband) and it adds a nice crunch. I actually added a bit more gnocchi and chicken to make even more hearty on cold nights.
This is part of my regular cold-weather meal rotation. My husband and I love it and my girls enjoy it as much as a toddler can enjoy soup. Ha!
I made this today for my brother in law and myself. It was so very good. He ate 3 bowls of it. I had never tasted gnocchi before, but I love it. Thank you for sharing this recipe!