Creamy and hearty, this Chicken Noodle Soup is a classic comfort dish that everyone loves. Super easy and delicious!
Are you all ready for the weekend? I’m saying yes please. I need to catch up on some lost sleep over this week. My daughter will be 2 in September and has hit her terrible 2’s a little ahead of schedule. So it’s been tantrums and no naps and just general naughtiness coming out of this little petite thing and has drained my energy completely. I don’t wish these meltdowns upon anyone. I do have to admit sometimes I sit back and chuckle. She gets so mad at me when she sees me laughing at her, which in turn makes me laugh harder. Ugh, I’m such a mean mommy.
Speaking of mommy’s. Do you have that one recipe that your mom always made that was just to die for? My mom’s chicken noodle soup has always been a favorite of mine. Especially when it’s the next day. The juices just thicken up and it kind of creates a chicken and dumpling type of texture that I swoon after. Now I can’t completely recreate my moms because 1. I rarely cook with a whole chicken and 2. I use veggies. She acts like she is allergic to vegetables. I love them, minus the celery so you wont be seeing that in this dish, but you can add it to your heart’s delight my friend!
This soup is so simple and easy and since I had my oldest son’s baseball game last night this was perfect to make before hand and just heat up after.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 8-10 cups chicken broth depending on how thick you want it
- 3 chicken breasts thawed
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- Salt and pepper
- Other veggies if you'd like
- 1 (12opkg egg noodles
- In large stock pot add your chicken broth, chicken breasts, carrots, onions and salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and boil until chicken is cooked and no longer pink.
- Turn off hear, remove chicken from pot and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, shred the chicken.
- Meanwhile, bring stock back to a boil and add your egg noodles.
- Cook until pasta is tender.
- Add your shredded chicken and cook until soup is thickened up and heated through.
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer