A cheesy and spicy appetizer these delicious Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites are the perfect appetizer to any meal!
If you haven’t already figured out from many many many of my previous posts, I love appetizers. I could sustain myself off of appetizers all day long. A platter of just appetizers for supper? Sign me up. Yeah I know it sounds a little over board but I adore lots of “small portion” plates…combined together on one slightly larger plate to make a meal.
When we were in Denver a few weeks ago, for my birthday I choose to go to Texas Roadhouse. I haven’t been in a few years, it was near the hotel and I just felt like “bar” food. While I already adore their amazing rolls and cinnamon honey butter, we tried something new for one.
New meant these delicious Rattlesnake Bites. They aren’t what the name implies. They are delicious cheese and jalapeno filled balls that are battered and deep-fried until golden and melty. Well melty is my middle name. I’m addicted to cheese so these were a no brainer.
They came to our table and we tried them for the first time and immediately I wanted to order another plate to bring back to the hotel with us for later. unfortunately I didn’t 🙁 But I knew that this was the first thing that I NEEDED to make when I got back to Minnesota.
And that is just what we did. The next day we ran to the store and I made sure that I had all the ingredients that I needed to recreate these delicious, cheesy handheld treats.
Now this is kind of a cross between jalapeno poppers and mozzarella sticks. Which both I absolutely adore…so obviously you already know what I think about these! Trust me, you need to try them!!
Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites
- 2 8 oz blocks Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 2-3 jalapenos diced (depending on how hot you like them)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Oil for frying
- n bowl combine your shredded cheese and jalapenos.
- Shape cheese mixture into about 1 1/2" balls, squeezing tightly to compress.
- Place on cookie sheet and freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat your deep fryer to 350.
- Once chilled, in bowl add your flour.
- In another bowl mix together your egg and milk.
- Lastly in bowl stir together your bread crumbs and seasonings.
- Start by rolling your balls into the flour mixture, then dipping into milk and lastly coating with bread crumbs.
- Fry in batches for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
Could you air fry these instead?
I have not tried them in the air fryer unfortunately so I’m not sure of the outcome.
One of my favs so delicious. Instead of pepper Jack I’m thinking ghost pepper Jack cheese.
Oh my! These are absolutely the best! Five stars!
Amazing. Tastes so good. And easy
Whole family loved!!!
I Love These! Easy Recipe, And Delicious Outcome! Thank You😋🤗💞
Omg so good! Thanks for the recipe!
Rita (RD Zelig)
If there would have been a place & a way to post a pic of how fantastic mine came out, I would have done that! And I made them 2 ways. One using Pepper Jack Cheese & one using Extra Sharp Cheddar. I froze them overnight to have less work to do this morning. OMG! Both are stupendously DELICIOUS! Super Bowl Party, here we come! Your recipe is spot on as is! Try the cheddar if you want to switch up tastes! I’m so very happy I tried your copycat recipe! You are my hero!