Layers of cookie dough, caramel, pretzels and chocolate make these Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bars a huge hit! Tasty, easy and delicious.
Do you guys remember high school well? I’ve been reminiscing for the past few days about my high school years. That may be because I have my 10 year high school reunion this weekend. Oh my. Time has gone by so fast. In those last 10 year I’ve managed to get married, have 4 children and buy our first home. Might not sound like much but it feels like a lot.
Our lives are pretty quiet, I think back and see what some of my classmates have done with their lives and am so happy at what they have all be able to accomplish. Some I have stayed in contact with, some I haven’t seen or spoken to since high school. But I can say that I am excited and a little nervous to see them all again. Of course this girl is tasked with bringing the desserts! Obviously! I’m a sugar addict.
Can you believe that me being a dessert/baking addict is a new development? I honestly hated baking up until a few years ago. I was a seriously cook, but you couldn’t get me to bake to save my life. I think it played in part to that if you screw up a recipe while baking, its hard to save. While if you screw up a recipe while cooking it seems like there is an easy flavor fix. Who knows, but all I know is that I’m addicted to baking and sweets now.
I seen these bad boys over at Kraft and I knew from the moment I laid eyes on them that they were going to be in my stomach soon. Caramel, pretzels, sugar cookies and chocolate. This has all the components of a good time in one bite. Has the perfect balance of chewy and crunchy all in one. These are going to keep being on my dessert rotation that is for sure.
Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bars
- 1 (16.5 opkg refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (11 opkg caramel bits
- 1/2 cup whipping cream divided
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups broken pretzels rods or twists will work
- 1 (4 opgk Semi-sweet baking chocolate bar broken into pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 375. Line an 8"x8" baking pan with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Unwrap your cookie dough and cut into thick pieces.
- Place pieces on bottom and up the side of your baking pan.
- Poke several times with fork to prevent inflation (will deflate after removed from oven, also press down with spatula if it seems inflateand bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- In bowl melt together your caramels and 1/4 cup cream until smooth.
- Stir in your pretzels and spread over cookie crust.
- In another bowl melt together your chocolate pieces with remaining 1/4 cup cream.
- Spread over top of caramel layer.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours until firm, cut and serve!
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer