These Loaded Hot Dogs are a serious mouthful! Packed full of chili, cheese, fries, onions and mustard they are everything plus the kitchen sink!
We love these Loaded Hot Dogs, or is it Hotdogs? I think the jury is still out on that one, I think it kind of varies where you are and where you come from on the correct “term” you use when defining these ever popular hand-held delights.
We were in Los Angeles recently and we stopped at this restaurant called Weinershnitzel and they had something called the Junkyard Dog…well me and my ever loving need to try all thing big, I ordered it. OBVIOUSLY!
You guys, I’m so happy that I did. This Loaded Hot Dog recipe is a fun amped up version of your typical chili dog. And when in Rome, you go big or go home! So I just had to recreate this recipe that I fell in love with back in Cali.
It starts off with a freshly grilled hot dog placed on a bun lined with a slice of American cheese. It is then topped with delicious hotdog chili (or you can make this tasty Cincinnati Chili if you’re wanting to make it more homemade), some crunchy French fries, grilled onions and a squirt of mustard.
I mean if this isn’t a hot dog, I really don’t know what is. If you are a plain hot dog recipe lover then this one probably isn’t for you, but I URGE you to just give it a try, you won’t be sorry I promise.
If you’re looking for that over the top full grilling recipe then you need to give these Loaded Hot Dogs a try! They are loved by kids and adults alike, making them the perfect dinner, lunch, grilling, cookout or anytime recipe!
Loaded Hot Dogs
- Grilled Hot Dogs
- 1 small can hot dog chili
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 2lb bag French fries
- 8 slices American cheese
- Grill your hot dogs.
- In oven bake your French fries according to package directions.
- Heat up your can of chili in microwave safe bowl.
- In pan on stove add your onions with a little bit of oil and head until golden and fried, set aside.
- When French fries are done, remove from oven.
- To assemble, layer a slice of cheese on bottom of bun and top with cooked hot dog.
- Spread desired amount of chili over the hot dog and top with French fries.
- Sprinkle your fried onions over the top and squirt some mustard over them.
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer