Lemon and blueberries collide in this fun breakfast treat. These Lemon Blueberry Scones are tasty, easy and are loved by everyone!
OMG so yesterday was so busy! Had my daycare kids come at 6:15 am, then we went to the library and had a story time with the local minor league baseball team. Then lunch, which proceeded by emptying out closets full of things for the garage sale, then outside to play. Finally after non stop asking all day the boys finally got to go to baseball practice which was 2 hours then finally we went and picked up our new friend the kitty!
If I can say anything about my daughter it’s that she absolutely is in love with cats. Once we got our new large friend home she followed her like a lost puppy. She was in absolute little girl heaven. I had a cat growing up myself, her name was Ariel. Yes after the mermaid, I was 3 and obsessed. I had her for 16 years! 16!! Then all of a sudden like a lot of cats do, she left one day and never came back. That was so hard you guys, I lost my best friend that day. I have strong hopes that Nova will make a buddy in Patches.
Anywho, enough with my story, onto these lovely pieces of heaven. I have always been a big fan of scones. I had a girl at one of my previous jobs that would always run to the local grocery store before work and always had a blueberry scone for me. They were so flaky and delicious that it was instant love right from the beginning. Now I’m not prejeduce over flavors or nothing but blueberry and lemon were just a match made in heaven. So how about we get on to it shall we?
Lemon Blueberry Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar plus more for dusting
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbs lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In medium-sized bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Add the milk and lemon zest and stir until just combined then fold in the blueberries.
- On a floured surface, turn your dough out and shape into a ball.
- Flatten to about 1/2" thickness and cut into 8 triangles.
- Place on baking pan then sprinkle with additional sugar and bake for 20-25 mins or until golden.
- When done, remove to wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile in small bowl combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice together adding additional juice for desired consistency.
- Drizzle over tops of scones, serve and enjoy!