Cheesy, creamy and spicy these Jalapeno Popper Breadsticks are a quick and easy appetizer for game day, a party or along side your favorite pizza!
Another Monday is here. I hope you all had an awesome weekend! Mine was pretty laid back, went grocery shopping, had a few bonfires, watched some movies with my hubby and kids and most of all cooked myself crazy. I did enough this weekend to cover a whole weeks worth of blog posts. My goodness. Haha guess it saves me time for this weeks meals.
My hubby asked me now that I’m blogging again if we will ever get to have repeat meals. I felt so bad for the guy, me making him try a lot of new things all the time. Oh well, at least the poor thing gets fed, so I wouldn’t complain. But the answer to his question was yes…we do have repeat meals, frequently actually!
These breadsticks were one of the things I whipped up this weekend for our bonfire. Let me tell you, they were a hit. We just devoured them. I love making homemade breadsticks, I also love making jalapeno poppers. So why not blend the two together.
Usually I just make my jalapeno poppers by putting some jalapeno’s, cream cheese and bacon into a crescent roll and baking them. So I kinda did the reverse with this one and just put it on top of some dough and baked it!! But I omitted the bacon for these, but you can ABSOLUTELY add some if you have some bacon bits on hand…I on the other, did not.
So this is technically semi-homemade, I bought the pizza crust because literally I didn’t want to spend all my time making homemade. So that’s what I’ve been doing lately, saves some time and tastes just as great! I love making homemade, don’t get me wrong but some days I just love the quick and easy route.
So next time you get in the mood for some delicious jalapeno poppers, look no further and try these bad boys. NO REGRETS HERE! One of our fave appetizers, but I kinda say that about all my appetizers soooo….yeah, just make them!
Jalapeno Popper Breadsticks
- 1 pre-made pizza dough or homemade
- 1 (8 opkg cream cheese softened
- 2 jalapenos seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425.
- In bowl mix together your cream cheese and jalapenos.
- Roll out pizza dough into the best rectangle you can get and place on baking sheet.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto your pizza dough.
- Mix both your cheeses together in bowl and sprinkle over crust.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and cut into breadsticks and serve!