A fun appetizer to serve to guests this Cowboy Caviar is a classic party dish that never has any leftover!
Howdy howdy my friends! If you haven’t been to a picnic or family get together yet this year and haven’t had something similar to this post then you’re in luck. This is my absolute favorite potluck dish. So healthy but yet so so so good. Filled to the brim with veggies and beans, marinated and then served with chips. What gets better than that!
Just the colors in this makes me happy. You know that if something is that full of color then you know it has to be healthy.
Have you guys ever been to Aldi? I love shopping there! Their prices are amazing and their produce is so good! You can get so much for such a little price. Fresh produce, large quantities and it doesn’t hurt the budget. Now being a family of 6 anything that is a little friendlier on our wallets is a win for sure.
So next time you are thinking about having a get together, try this, it’s a hit whenever we bring it, hopefully it will be the same with you!
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can black-eyed peas rinsed and drained
- 1 can white shoepeg corn drained (or regular white sweet corn)
- 1 (4 ocan green chiles
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 1 green pepper finely diced
- 1 red pepper finely diced
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Salt and pepper
- In large bowl mix together your beans, peas, corn, chiles, onion and peppers.
- In saucepan mix together your vinegar, water, sugar and salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer for about 5 minutes then remove from heat and bring to room temperature.
- Once at room temperature pour over your vegetables and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight, once ready to serve drain off liquid.