Quick and easy this Instant Pot Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken is a hearty and delicious weeknight meal of sweet and spicy shredded chicken and rice.
When you are short on time the Instant Pot is the way to go. We haven’t had ours too long but since we’ve gotten it we have made so many things that are seriously delicious this Instant Pot Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken is on of those.
If you love instant pot recipe then you’ll need to check out these Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Sandwiches and Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice. Two of my absolute favorite instant pot recipes around.
You wouldn’t even begin to know how easy it is to cook chicken at lightning speed when it comes to a pressure cooker. We used to always boil our chicken but with the instant pot you can get it done in 10-15 minutes from fresh or frozen! I mean if that’s not quick I don’t know what is.
This Instant Pot Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken is a family friendly meal that is done in about 25 minutes and this is one of those recipes that we have kept coming back to time and time again because it is filling and the flavors are absolutely amazing.
A combination of brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon-lime soda (or pop as we call it here in the Midwest) with some spices thrown in. You can amp it up with a little bit of spice by sprinkling with some red pepper flakes at the end which gives it a delicious contrast on flavor.
What makes this instant pot recipe so amazing? Well there are so many different reasons that I could tell you but my number one being is the time it saves to have dinner on the table. With my kids in various sports and community ed activities, we rely on our instant pot to get my kids fed and happy in no time and this Instant Pot Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken is just the recipe to help you do that.
Instant Pot Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts defrosted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda sprite, 7up, Sierra Mist
- 2 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 2 Tbs honey
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 2 Tbs cold water
- Parsley optional
- Red pepper flakes optional
- Cooked rice optional
- In basin of instant pot add in your brown sugar, cider vinegar, lemon-lime soda, garlic, soy sauce, hot sauce, honey, salt and pepper and stir together.
- Place chicken breasts on top of sauce mixture and seal your instant pot.
- Press manual setting for 15 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure.
- Remove chicken breasts and shred.
- Turn instant pot on saute mode.
- Mix together your cornstarch and cold water and pour into your sauce and stir together until thickened.
- Add your chicken back into pot and stir to coat.
- Serve over rice sprinkled with parsley and red pepper flakes if desired.