Want the perfect morning breakfast? These Glazed Orange Muffins are quick, easy and tasty, a morning treat the whole family will enjoy.
Are you guys muffin lovers? We are! They are one breakfast food that whips up quick and come in a variety of flavors! These Glazed Orange Muffins have been one of my favorite recipes for many years now, the orange juice in the muffin and the glaze itself really puts this recipe over the top!
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU OVER MIX A MUFFIN?
You’ve all heard if you are a baker that you never want to over mix a batter recipe. Well there is a reason behind that, overmixing causes the batter to get tough and even breadier when it bakes up which in turn takes away the moist soft fluffy texture that you were aiming for. Never worry if you have small lumps of flour or mix leftover, they well bake up!
HOW DO YOU BAKE A MUFFIN?
Now like I stated earlier, these are a seriously simple recipe. There are no difficult ingredients and everything comes together quickly. With this recipe we use self rising flour, you can use some all-purpose flour if you like but then you will need to add some baking powder. This dough is a little thicker, but don’t let that fool you, they are moist and light and airy just the way we want them.
Now these start off with mixing together your dry ingredients which consist of flour and sugar. Then you mix together your we ingredients which consist of butter, egg, orange juice, sour cream, orange juice and orange zest. Then combine the two together and place in a muffin tin and bake!
These Orange Muffins are really kid friendly, if your kids love orange juice then they will love these. There is something about these muffins that make them truly addicting in my eyes, but that could just be my overwhelming love for all things orange flavored.
So if you’re on the hunt for something different for breakfast this week, weekend or for a get together or brunch with friends, these muffins are a no fail recipe!
Glazed Orange Muffins
- 1 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1-2 Tbs orange zest
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In 12 count muffin tin place muffin liners.
- In bowl whisk together all your dry ingredients, set aside.
- In another bowl stir together your butter, egg, orange juice, sour cream and orange zest.
- Stir your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and mix until moistened (do not overmix), the batter will be very thick.
- Spoon evenly into muffin tin.
- Bake for 17 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile mix all your glaze ingredients together in bowl.
- Once muffins are cool dip each into glaze. Repeat until they are all double coated.
Recipe adapted from The Shady Porch