A delicious chocolate cake swirled around vanilla buttercream and chocolate frostings all drizzled with a chocolate glaze this Tuxedo Cake Roll is a decadent easy dessert!
Happy New Year’s Eve! Or NYE day, or whatever time of day you are choosing to take a look at this post. I can’t belive that tomorrow starts 2016. These years keep piling up and I still feel like I haven’t gotten much accomplished even know I have.
Here is a brief list of what I have accomplished in 2015:
I started blogging again.
We have officially owned our home for 1 year.
Visited Las Vegas for the first time.
Took our very first road trip family vacation with all our boys.
Quit my job to be a stay-at-home-mom and part-time daycare provider.
cat very large lap warmer.
To me it seems like very little, to others it may seem like a lot. What have you accomplished this year?
What better way to welcome in the new year that wearing a tuxedo with this rich and decadent (yet simple) Tuxedo Cake Roll? Delicious chocolate cake wrapped around vanilla buttercream and chocolate frosting. Drizzled with more chocolate frosting, cut into little slices of sin. I know what I’ll be kissing at midnight. Or shall I say shoving down my throat while I try to eat it quietly so no one else gets a piece. That’s wrong isn’t it….I should really learn to share.
Mmmm, doesn’t that look good? Now I’m a frosting gal so there can never be too much frosting for me.
Don’t forget to come link up with me tonight at Throwback Thursday Link Party! Woohoo, last one of 2015 baby. Let’s hope that 2016’s parties will be just as great. In the mean time, if you liked what you saw this past year why not follow me on Pinterest and see what other thing’s I have up my sleeve!
Tuxedo Cake Roll
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Powdered sugar
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- 1 cup (2 stickbutter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 3-4 Tbs heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 10"x15" baking sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl beat eggs until frothy, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in your sugar, water and vanilla.
- Slowly add in your cocoa powder, salt and baking powder until combined.
- Stir in your flour until just blended.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread to edges with a spatula.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
- Meahwhile spread a generous amount of powdered sugar on kitchen towel.
- Once cake is done cooking immediately turn out onto towl and roll up tightly and let cool all the way.
- In bowl beat your butter on medium speed for about 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add in your powdered sugar and continue to beat until blended.
- Mix in vanilla and cream 1 Tbs at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Unroll your cake roll and spread the buttercream onto it in an even layer.
- Remove lid and tin foil from chocolate frosting.
- In microwave heat your frosting on high for about 20-30 seconds until just beginning to melt.
- Dollop 1/2-3/4 the can on top of the buttercream and spread evenly.
- Roll your cake roll up tightly.
- Return your frosting to microwave and heat for another 30 seconds until completely melted.
- Pour over the top of your cake roll and let set for about 10-15 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours.
- Cut and serve!