With minimal ingredients and 30 minutes these Easy No Bake Cookies are the perfect go to snack that will satisfy your sweet tooth to no end. Filled with peanut butter, cocoa and oats, the flavor combination is a dream come true.
Easy No Bake Cookies are one recipe that I have been making since I was a kid. It was one of the first recipes I ever learned make from scratch and one that I haven’t stopped making since.
If you haven’t noticed already, this site is filled with deliciously easy recipes for all skill level cooks or bakers and I like to make everything as approachable as can be.
These No Bake Cookies are one of the most approachable recipes around. Cookies are a staple in our household and beer last too long, thanks to my darling husband.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
- With only 5 ingredients it whips up fast which is essential to those on a schedule and want something quick and easy to make.
- The flavors of chocolate, peanut butter and vanilla work well together, chocolate and peanut butter being a match made in heaven.
- These cookies set up super nice and last a long time either in a cookie jar, refrigerated or frozen, whatever fits your snacking needs.
Usually these No Bake Cookies win because I always have the ingredients on hand in my pantry, and they are super simple to whip up and thats what is the real kicker when it comes to my decision
Want to see just how easy they are to make? Let me show you!
HOW TO MAKE EASY NO BAKE COOKIES, STEP BY STEP:
In large saucepan or deep sided saute pan add your milk, butter, sugar and cocoa powder. Bring to a boil and boil for one minute then remove from heat (Photos 1 & 2).
Add in your peanut butter and vanilla and whisk until smooth and combined (Photos 4 &5).
Next, add in your oats and stir until everything is nice and coated making sure you don’t see much oats left uncovered (Photos 5 & 6).
Lay down some parchment paper on a flat surface and using a large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, scoop about 2 heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper into mounds and let set for about 20-30 minutes (Photos 7 & 8).
See how easy this No Bake Cookie recipe is? Im telling you! This is one of those recipe that everyone should have in their recipe box, super simple.
This recipe makes about 24 cookies, you can easily double this recipe or cut it in half, or even use a smaller cookie scoop to produce smaller and more cookies.
HOW TO FREEZE EASY NO BAKE COOKIES:
For best results let cookies set up and cool completely then place in a Tupperware container with a tight fitting lid, layers of cookies should be separated by a piece of parchment paper.
You can also use gallon sized ziploc baggies as well. Place cookies in chosen container and seal tightly. They can be frozen for about 3 months.
When I know that I am going to being going to gatherings, we like to bake and freeze these cookies, or if I want to pull out something quick or we are going somewhere these are a great option especially if they are frozen.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR EASY NO BAKE COOKIES:
- These cookies should keep for about 3 weeks when sealed tightly in a container.
- We use quick cooking oats for this recipe but you can swap out old fashioned oats if you like, the only difference is the texture and size.
- We use a ice cream scoop filled about 3/4 the way full to measure out these cookies, it’s an easy tool and we use it a lot when it comes to measuring cookie sizes.
- This recipe makes about 24 2 tablespoonful cookies, you can make smaller or larger if you like using different cookie scoops.
- Make sure you do not boil your mixture for longer than one minute, the timing is essential for it being able to set up, using a timer helps with this.
If you want that perfectly easy cookie that everyone loves and really doesn’t last long then you need to make these Easy No Bake Cookies.
Super simple is how we like to keep it around here, especially with our baking recipes, so you have to add this to your arsenal.
If you like this recipe you might also like:
If you’ve tried these EASY NO BAKE COOKIES or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and what shenanigans I’m getting into!
Easy No Bake Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- In a large saucepan or high sided saute pan add your butter, sugar, milk and cocoa powder.
- Melt together and bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Add in your peanut butter and vanilla and whisk until smooth and combined.
- Add in your oats and stir until full covered and coated.
- Lay down a piece of parchement paper on a flat surface and using a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, scoop about 2 heaping tablespoonfuls into mounds on your parchement paper and let set for about 20 minutes.